Sign in to follow this  
PLund

Different issues

Dear Team,

Congratulations on what seems to be a successful release of a magnificent aircraft.

I have now spent the last couple of days flying the MD80 on several legs and have noticed a few items:

• The clock is sometime loosing time and falls behind the clock in Prepar3Dv4
  • The only shadow visible of the aircraft from the cockpit is the cockpit section. The rest of the aircraft isn´t visible from inside the cockpit
  • When capturing the ILS the aircraft shoots through the LOC first, but becomes established later on. I have also noticed that when trying to make a autoland it captures normally, but end up having course for outside the runway.
  • When I open GSX menu it fills the whole screen and is not the small window as it normally is (and still is) with the PMDG 747. This is the only aircraft I experience this with. Also, as others have mentioned it seems like the cockpit is sitting higher than it should make the jetways to dock above the door.

Wishes:

• That the transponder works with online programs like Vpilot so when TCAS is it squawks mode C.
  • I would really like if the anti colision light flashed "normally" and not the default light.
  • Impovement of external sounds like others have mentioned.
  • 2D Panel of the COM and Transponder which is very useful for online flying.

Beside these items I really enjoy being back on the MD80 for the first time since FS9 where I also flew it all the time.

Edited by PLund

Best regards

Peter Lund

Thank you Peter,

appreciate your feedback.

We are aware of all of the issues you reported and some of them are already in the future agenda, some of them might happen, others might not.

Regards

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

On 2/23/2018 at 5:51 AM, PLund said:

That the transponder works with online programs like Vpilot so when TCAS is it squawks mode C.

I hadn't noticed that it stopped working, I'll look.  We had this working during the Beta... I know because I got the info from Ross on this and tested it.

Thanks for letting us know about this.

When I open GSX menu it fills the whole screen and is not the small window as it normally is (and still is) with the PMDG 747. This is the only aircraft I experience this with. Also, as others have mentioned it seems like the cockpit is sitting higher than it should make the jetways to dock above the door.

We know about this, it's not the Maddog (though it always happen with it). It's a SimBrief issue and it affects other aircraft as well.  There is a good write up on this over at FSDT.  Still, we apprec

When capturing the ILS the aircraft shoots through the LOC first, but becomes established later on. I have also noticed that when trying to make a autoland it captures normally, but end up having course for outside the runway.

Of course I don't know which approach you were shooting... can you share that?

Generally speaking though... depends how far out you're trying to lock on.  I know that some aircraft will let you do this outside of 18nm (really the maximum effective range of a localizer), but the Maddog is produced for be more of a true sim.  Maybe try arming the localizer inside of 18nm or less and see how she responds?  I would love to know how that works out.

I would really like if the anti colision light flashed "normally" and not the default light.

Couldn't possibly agree more.  Being looked at, but we have to keep on eye on the frame rates too.

2D Panel of the COM and Transponder which is very useful for online flying.

Probably won't happen. Again, due to our watching the frame rates (I have experience with this on other aircraft).  Still, it might be doable.  Sort of a "if we can, we will" thing.

Beside these items I really enjoy being back on the MD80 for the first time since FS9 where I also flew it all the time.

Me too!  Happy to hear it!  Thanks again for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

On 2/23/2018 at 4:51 AM, PLund said:
  • The clock is sometime loosing time and falls behind the clock in Prepar3Dv4

So it's like a real airplane then? hahaha, I joke.  But I do sort of like the idea of the unreliability of it.  Just like one of the things that bugs me in all FS planes is that the fuel gauges are reliable.  It irks me to no end!

Ours are not, compare Fuel Used and FOB... ;-)

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

1 hour ago, ACR said:

So it's like a real airplane then? hahaha, I joke.  But I do sort of like the idea of the unreliability of it.  Just like one of the things that bugs me in all FS planes is that the fuel gauges are reliable.  It irks me to no end!

Actually, the clock gauge is tied to the frame rate as it is with all FS aircraft. To correct you will need a prof ram like FS Realtor (payware) or FS Time Sync (freeware).

I don't recall the exact frame rate (it's not 60, but a little less I think), but fast frames make the time speed up while slower frames make it less when compared to real time. Add microstutters and the affect is severe.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.