Sign in to follow this  
Ramjett

Searching for Static Observation Balloon

Hello All,

I have been searching the various scenery sites, starting here at AVSIM of course, for a static observation balloon that can be placed in a scenery as an object.  A balloon like they used in World War One or like those used by the Border Patrol along the southern United States border.  The only two candidates I have found are both for CFS2 and are not usable in FSX it seems.

I have found a few dirigible and zeppelin flight models that are pilotable...some are quite good in fact, but no statics.  My last resort will be to use SAMM to create my own static, but the result will not show the mooring cable, which is crucial to the scenery I am designing, a period era WWI airfield in eastern France.

If anyone knows of one please reply here if you will.  I would be forever grateful.  The ideal candidate (sounds like I'm hiring an intern, doesn't it) will be affected by wind direction like the many flag scenery objects or windsocks you can find.

Thank you all,

Randy

There is one in the default scenery near Key West to the northeast of Naval Air Station Key West. 

You know, I wondered if there was one, seems I had seen a balloon in FSX before, but couldn't remember where.  Thanks, I'll go through the FSX secenry object list and try to find it.

Many thanks for the reply.

Randy

Edit:  Found three in the list of FSX scenery objects.  Never thought to look for "blimp".  It's called "sco_blimp" or "gen_airshow_blimps".  No attached mooring cable though, may be able to work one in with GMAX.  Flew northeast...ish from KNQX and never did see that one.  Just out of curiosity, anyone know how far and the actual course to get to it.  I'd like to see if it's the same ones I found in the scenery library objects.

Edited by Ramjett