Sign in to follow this  
panselmo

Power drop down

Hello!

It happened several times. After engine startup, generators working well (with running APU), suddenly I lost power some secs, FMC loosing all programmed data.

Any idea?

Regards.

Not much information to go one here.  Picture of your overhead panel would go a long way.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Make sure, in the preflight before starting the APU, you reset the generator.  Try doing this after you have the issue too, to see if the generator kicks back on line.

Edited by KORDATC

Start the sim in the «ready to start» set up. Start engines manually. Do you have the same problem then?

Hi Panselmo,

I believe i'm having the same issue. Are you using FS2CREW by chance?

Best,

Harvey

Hello Harvey!

No, I don't use FS2CREW, but yesterday everything went OK until after landing. Then the issue came again. FMC, autoflight indicator lights went dark for 1s. Then back again testing signs on the autoflight indicators, and FMC cleared. No APU was started, I only tried to vacate the runway. Very strange.

Regards.

2 hours ago, panselmo said:

Hello Harvey!

No, I don't use FS2CREW, but yesterday everything went OK until after landing. Then the issue came again. FMC, autoflight indicator lights went dark for 1s. Then back again testing signs on the autoflight indicators, and FMC cleared. No APU was started, I only tried to vacate the runway. Very strange.

Regards.

Hi panselmo, do you have a mixture axis assigned on your controlers? I had a similar problem with other airliners because of a damn spike of my mixture axis controller! Every time I am not flying GA birds i've to disable this particular axis to avoid problems.

@pedrotrindade @panselmo

Pedro, I use Saitek throttles and indeed, my Mixture lever is actually my Right Engine throttle.

are you saying that you do NOT assign this lever to engines? If so, how do you control both engines separately?

its funny, because I have every single study level sim on the market, and no other product gives me issues with engine spikes... interesting.

- Harvey

Hi Harvey,

the problem is that with an axis mixture assigned and with a small spike on this axis lever (if on idle position) you can trigger a fuel cutoff on your engines and consequently a shutdown. Keep in mind that this is just a personal suggestion based on other addon, unfortunately with the maddog i'm still learning the cold&dark startup:) Good luck, mate.

• Upvote 1