Sign in to follow this  
Petraeus

Maddog 2018

I made the assumption that the new Leonardo Maddog would use, if not the same code, at least the same variable names as their earlier version. On this basis, I tested out the old module. Obviously it needs the 'ident' entry changing to 'simfolder="Maddogx"', so that the binding will occur.

It works, although to what extent I'm not sure yet, because I'm in the middle of testing as I write, but I've got it working on some AP buttons, rotaries, and external lights.

I'd be interested in the experience of others.

Petraeus

Isn't worth the effort... just wait a few days and you will get a fresh new tailored module!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lights work, as do engine controls and a few other things, but autopilot controls are variable. It's better than nothing, but I will be more than happy to wait a few days!

Petraeus

Have you overseen, that the new module is already released?

Guenter Steiner

I have indeed now, and can I congratulate you on yet another masterpiece. I especially like the clever use of one knob to set both arrival altitude and QNH on the overhead.

Just one question, what does the function for the left-hand TOGA button do?

Petraeus

5 hours ago, Petraeus said:

Just one question, what does the function for the left-hand TOGA button do?

You mean on the MCP Combo?

Do you use my defaults for the Combo?

I have slightly other configurations on these knobs as the default MCP Combo. If you mean the two buttons above F/D and A/T then I have the left one (former TOGA) for ATIS (LIB:Weather functions --> MCP2 WIND BARO OAT)

A press onto this shows WIND, QNH, OAT.

On the right side (former CRZ button?) theres "status" to switch the display between AP info and flight info. But that is not used with the MAddog. So far, I haven't assigned it

Guenter Steiner

4 hours ago, guenseli said:

You mean on the MCP Combo?

Do you use my defaults for the Combo?

Yes and yes. Thanks, understood.

Petraeus

I really enjoy the new module and i say thank you very much for it!

However, it seems that the SPD, HDG and ALT settings on the MCP Combo II are not synced to the sim settings. For exemple: I fly a t 5000 ft and i dial in 12000 ft on the FGCS, then the MCP Combo II still shows 5000 ft. Same with HDG ans SPD. Never experienced that in an other module. Any chane to fix this?

Thank you

Oliver

On 01/03/2018 at 5:51 AM, guenseli said:

Have you overseen, that the new module is already released?

For those of us who have never met Linda would you please give a brief outline of what she can do using what inputs? Is it just for home cockpits? 

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

37 minutes ago, Dean33 said:

For those of us who have never met Linda would you please give a brief outline of what she can do using what inputs? Is it just for home cockpits? 

Petraeus

1 hour ago, wigwam69 said:

However, it seems that the SPD, HDG and ALT settings on the MCP Combo II are not synced to the sim settings.

I'd like to quote myself from the download thread and the readme:

"Note:

MCP Combo users: If you use rotaries, dials etc. in the VC, the displays are not synced any more!
Or in other words: the sync is just one-directional, NOT two-directional (only MCP to VC, not back)!

(sorry, thats for technical reasons)"

Guenter Steiner

58 minutes ago, Dean33 said:

I'd like to add:

You can also use LINDA for your Joystick. If you have some buttons left, you can use LINDA.

Imagine you'd like to assign e.g. APU switches with a PMDG or the Maddog. You will be not able with the standard FSX/P3D functions. So, you could use FSUIPC and write a LUA script to make that possible.

In the end, LINDA is nothing else: a bunch of LUA scripts running with FSUIPC. But we have a nice interface and modules for each addon, so that you don't need bother yourself with any scripts.

And: if you are a MCP Combo user, you have much more possibilities with the MCP Combos. LINDA provides customized functions to assign and highly customized display functions. You will never achieve this with the VRInsight software!

Guenter Steiner

Many thanks for the great new Module. It works really fine.

Is there a way to control the following switches, buttons and selectors:

• ENG Gen 1 & Gen 2
  • CG Dialer / TO Flaps Dialer on pedestal
  • TARA switch abv/norm/below
  • Clock/Timer (RUN/HLD/RST)
  • TERR Button on F/O main panel
  • AC Volt / Frequ/DC Volt Bus Selector to control volt/amp meter on the Elec overhead panel

Did I understood you right, that there are no LVars, Offsets or other variable where I can read current set SPD, HDG, ALT and VS?

Thanks and best regards,
Christian

Hello,

I will include them if possible

13 minutes ago, crisu19 said:

Did I understood you right, that there are no LVars, Offsets or other variable where I can read current set SPD, HDG, ALT and VS?

Yes, you are right. As far as I have found out, there are not such variables etc. That is why we could only keep it synced when just using the MCP Combo dials, nit within the VC.

• Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner