Sign in to follow this  
tecto

texture issues - why they look so horrible?

I've noticed that my textures don't look good. Look at the screenshot. There are black areas, which are changing it's state cyclically during the flight. Look at these black squares - it looks horrible :(5qtgZwn.jpg

In that view I have almost 60 FPS. What is causing this? Is this related with shaders or scenery? 

I have ASP4+ASCA, ENVTEX & ENVSHADE and some scenery addons.

Edited by tecto

Backup terrain.cfg in your main P3D directory and then delete it. Run FTX Central if you have any ORBX addons so that it repopulates the entries and fly over the same area see if the issue is resolved.

• Upvote 1

This was a very good idea. It looks good now. Thank you!

7 hours ago, tecto said:

This was a very good idea. It looks good now. Thank you!

No worries mate. 

Ok - small update. I did what you recommended and for some areas it worked well. 

But recently when I was flying around Zurich I've noticed these weird textures again.
Look at this screenshot:foo0pF6.jpg

There are some areas - especially on the left, which are not dark. They're - let say - highlighted. 
I've noticed that this is related with Orbx Open LC Europe because after turning it off in the scenery library it looks as shown below:

lXNZPVx.jpg

So on the second screenshot it looks better - however it's still one highlighted area in front of the aircraft (a little bit to the left).

I have the latest version of openLC Europe. All ORBX libraries are up to date. The ordering of my sceneries is according to these rules:
http://c-aviation.net/fsx-scenery-library-order-orbx-global/

What's wrong with this?

Have had this issue since 4.0.

AFAIK it's a P3D issue that occurs on some systems only. Could be something to do with other addons messing up the autogen,

Try deleting your sceneryindexes_x64 folder (ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4), it'll re-create itself as you fly. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I am also getting blurry patches here and there.

i think it may be a bug in 4.2?

there has been a few reports of this.

It's not a bug in P3d4, although it may be related to the update from 4.1 to 4.2. Use  FTX Central to uninstall openLC base and ORBXLIBS (openLC NA and openLC Europe too if you have those) and redownload from your online ORBX account and install all packages again from FTX Central. Install ORBXLIBS last. Yeah, yeah, I know that's a lot GB of data to download, but that's the only thing that fixed this problem for me when updating from P3d 4.1 to 4.2. There are several discussions on the official ORBX forums about this problem.

Edited by jabloomf1230

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

It's not a bug in P3d4, although it may be related to the update from 4.1 to 4.2. Use  FTX Central to uninstall openLC base and ORBXLIBS (openLC NA and openLC Europe too if you have those) and redownload from your online ORBX account and install all packages again from FTX Central. Install ORBXLIBS last. Yeah, yeah, I know that's a lot GB of data to download, but that's the only thing that fixed this problem for me when updating from P3d 4.1 to 4.2. There are several discussions on the official ORBX forums about this problem.

You shouldn't have to re download the entire regions, what you can do is go into your P3D folder/Orbx/User Documents/Versions, and delete the text file that corresponds with the region you have to fix (example, delete FTX_OLC_NA.TXT, then start FTX Central.  You will notice that openLC North America will appear to be uninstalled.  Click to icon to install, and it will discover what files you already have, and will only update any files that do not match what they have on the server).  This will usually find and update any corrupt files that are causing your issues.

• Upvote 1

Alan

I tried that approach first. It did not work for me but maybe you will have better luck. The "version delete" approach tells FTX Central only to replace LC texture files with the wrong file date for that version. In theory both methods should yield identical results, but for some reason they didn't.