Sign in to follow this  
twister1853

Lights and Switches

How can I find a guide to the switches and lights in the PMDG737NGX.  When I am flying at night time, I can only see the screens light up.

2 minutes ago, twister1853 said:

How can I find a guide to the switches and lights in the PMDG737NGX.  When I am flying at night time, I can only see the screens light up.

Can you explain a little more about what you are looking for?

Kyle Rodgers

Hi,

If you are looking for the flood and panel lights, then the FCOM is your friend. You will find in that manual all descriptions you need regarding the controls of the lights in the cockpit.
I don't have it at hand to give you the reference but search for lights.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I am looking for a guide to how to find the panel lights and switches on the 737.  If I am on a night flight, I only see the main screens light up.  I've search the Operations Center to no avail.

I thing we are on the same page, hence my reference to the document called FCOM! (FCOM v2.pdf if I remember well).
In case you would not find the document in the OC, you can still find it in the [Sim folder]\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\Flight Manuals.

If I didn't understand well, then please rephrase because, what you wrote here is pretty much a repeat of what you wrote in your initial post.

Edited by Budbud

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Thanks Romain - I was answering Kyle.  I looked for FCOM on the internet but a lot of material comes up - very confusing to me.  Could you be more precisew in how to find the FCOM manual you refer to above that would give the descriptions I need regarding the controls of the lights in the cockpit?

Hi,

You don't need to go to internet, the FCOM is provided with the NGX in the manuals. They are located in your sim folder > PMDG folder > NGX folder > Flight Manuals folder.

In this folder, their are two FCOM manuals v1 and v2. The one that you need is the v2 (aircraft systems description). It is a PDF file so you can seach for "lights" (without the quotation marks) in the search box (CTRL+F).

I don't have the FCOM at hand because I have not reinstalled the NGX yet but it must be similar to the 777's in format so I'm sorry I cannot give you the reference to the pages. But will a little search you will find the location of the light controls on the different panel descriptions and then the description of each swith in the relevant paragraphes.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Many thanks Romain for an excellent description of how to find a guide to lights and switches.  Now I just have to find the relevant switches in the dark!

Raymond

58 minutes ago, twister1853 said:

Many thanks Romain for an excellent description of how to find a guide to lights and switches.  Now I just have to find the relevant switches in the dark!

Raymond

I learned a long time ago how to locate the dome light switch in the dark.  You'll notice it is located adjacent to gear indication lights, so all you need to do is hover to the left of those until the arrow changes and click.

Dan Downs KCRP

PMDG-NGX-FCOM v2

Chapter 1, Section 30, First 4 pages illustrates all light switches, for cockpit lighting

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

15 hours ago, twister1853 said:

Now I just have to find the relevant switches in the dark!

That's why i mapped a button on my hardware setup to the dome light.  Simply click on that button when needed, then i can work trought the flow and ajust the other switches as desired...

Once everything is set up, switch off the dome light.