Sign in to follow this  
spilok

This is ALL I want. Is there such a thing?

I used to love EZdok in FSX, but after numerous attempts to get it to give me what I want in P3d....and many, many communications with EZdok, I have been unable to get what I want.   ALL I want is the "movement" of the cockpit like EZdok and Chaseplane give, and I don't care about "Camera views".  I just want to use my #7 and #8 buttons on my joystick (Microsoft FF2) to TOGGLE through my normal views (A and S) for views within the category and new category for EVERY plane in my stable.  I've updated EZdok to their 2.89 update, but I cannot set it up to do what I want.  I'm not stupid about this since I've been simming for well over 20+ years, and I've been able to get these realistic movements in EZdok when I flew FSX.

Now I'm exclusively flying P3d 4.2 and everything I've tried does not let me toggle through my normal views in EVERY airplane.  I feel it utterly confusing and difficult to get what I want.  I've installed and uninstalled and installed and uninstalled several times.  

QUESTION:  Is there a program out there that gives me dynamic movement and realistic head movement that has nothing to do with setting up camera views?  That's all I want, and I thought I'd ask the forum if such a program like that exists.  OR is it possible to get just that from EZdok or Chaseplane?

Stan

Stan,

If you think your task is difficult, just try to get the same thing (or anything remotely like it) for FS2004. Unfortunately for both of us, I do not thinkm a standalone programme like that exists. I further think that you probably need to invest in Chaseplane and ignore the camera views. I am pretty sure that "headshake" is a part of this package.  A lot of money to pay for a big programme and most of which, which you will not use. 

I seem to remember, also, that this is a long standing topic over many years, and I am surprised that either Chaseplane or EZIdock (both of which feature the headshake, don't release it as a standalone product (at extra cost of course LOL)  I am sure there is a market for something similar.

This of course, is my thought and I may well be preaching the wrong gospel as I do not own either of these products. Please forgive me if I am wrong.

Good luck with the "hunt" mate

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Hello Stan,

recently I have come to the same conclusion as you have, after 5 years of camera addons. I have decided to return to the camera system and the DHM that is built into the simulator itself. I had to tweak the parameters of the built-in DHM quite a bit (I basically doubled all values), and it sure doesn't have all the bells&whistles of EZDOK, but for me this is good enough. I am using TrackIR anyway, so there is enough head movement going on already. 

But I missed the option to assign joystick buttons to cameras directly, so I have added a hotkey feature to one of my own addons to get that back. But this is possible with built-in simulator methods too, just more complex and rather limited.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

9 hours ago, spilok said:

OR is it possible to get just that from EZdok

Hi Stan, there is an option in EZdoc (btw my updated ver is 2.6.0.29) its in 'options'...Define Keys and Buttons.. at the bottom of pop-up .. Default  View System..

there is also an option in 'Tools to get' Factory Camers for current  Aircraft' just browse to the 'Aircraft.cfg' file

bob

EZDOK is easy to use and to back up. I could not sim without it.

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

After so many attempts at getting what I want, I've decided that Chaseplane indeed does give me what I want.   I've worked with Chaseplane today and it seems to give me the cockpit movement without all the adjustments necessary to do the various DEFAULT views that are part of the toggles that I want.  EZdok is so complicated and nothing like the original that I used in FSX that it is beyond my patience to get it right.

Go Chaseplane!

Stan

Glad you found a solution Stan. The OPUS camera is dead easy to use too...

• Upvote 1