Sign in to follow this  
Pilot53

Engine Spool

I know the md80 is known for having slow to spool engines, but it seems like they spool very fast in the simulation.  Is this correct?

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

They are a little fast, we're aware and looking at it, but thanks for the input!  Always valuable.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Great, glad to hear your working on it.  BTW here is a great video showing exactly how slow they are in the real md80.  At around 1:50 you can see the thrust levers are moved up about halfway, you can see how long the engines take to respond.  Once they reach 40% N1 they respond much quicker. 

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

I've noticed this on startup.  However, the big one for me is after the engines are started.  When advancing the thrust for takeoff, you're supposed to initially set 1.4EPR to stabilize the engines.  In the sim, when doing this, I get up to about 1.3EPR and then it's as if it spools almost simultaneously, completely bypassing 1.4EPR and stabilizes around 1.5EPR.  It's almost impossible for me to set 1.4EPR, unfortunately.