Recommended Posts

Hey. Im not really happi with my fsx. The graphics looks like a 420p picture. Any one having or had the same prob? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes , the textures are 13 year old and the resolution does not have the HD-quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make sure you have DirectX10 Preview on. Turn your display settings up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AirShow said:

Make sure you have DirectX10 Preview on. Turn your display settings up.

Or turn display settings down. If they are too high and his computer isn’t powerful enough it will cause blurries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Vetle Corneliussen said:

Hey. Im not really happi with my fsx. The graphics looks like a 420p picture. Any one having or had the same prob? 

 

If your going to ask for help, I'd suggest you start the post with some baseline info. 

Did this just start happening?

Computer specs?

Addons used?

The way you started the post doesn’t really give people much to work with and will just start throwing suggestions out to you without knowing what you’re working with.

Looking at your post history, you’ve never mentioned any issues with the graphics, so I assume this just started happening.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2018 at 6:14 AM, CPT747 said:

Yes , the textures are 13 year old and the resolution does not have the HD-quality.

  This is incorrect. Even the original out-of-the-box FSX allows texture resolution as fine as 7 centimeters (a third of an inch!), and a great many addon sceneries (some of them  freeware) take advantage of this to produce extremely sharp, crisp textures of virtually photographic quality. The age of the FSX program is irrelevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cobalt said:

  This is incorrect. Even the original out-of-the-box FSX allows texture resolution as fine as 7 centimeters (a third of an inch!), and a great many addon sceneries (some of them  freeware) take advantage of this to produce extremely sharp, crisp textures of virtually photographic quality. The age of the FSX program is irrelevant.

Correction -- 7 cm is about 2.8 inches. Sorry about that -- but still very sharp!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hmm, sorry to be a grouch here fellas, but this is a lot of objective responses based on one persons vague description of a problem. Perhaps I could respectfully suggest Vetle posts some screenies so that he can show exactly what the issue is, rather than a vague description, the graphics looks like a '420p picture?' EG. Is it blurry, in which case that is a completely different to resolution and will have a completly different cure :smile: 

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2018 at 9:23 PM, AirShow said:

Make sure you have DirectX10 Preview on. Turn your display settings up.

Why on earth  would he have DX10 preview switched on with FSX? Is Vetle running the DX fixer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide (see link in my signature) has suggestions for setting up FSX including graphics and Nvidia Inspector settings (if you have an NVidia card).  You did not include you system specs.  Graphics in FSX are as good as the eye of the beholder.  What looks great to me may look 420p to others.

No matter what card you have installed, make sure you change the display scaling to full-screen.  It is set at aspect ratio by default.  Makes a ton of difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now