Sign in to follow this  
VHOJT

5.1 Setup - engines come from differnet speakers on NGX vs 777 + 747

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone might be able to clear this up for me.  I have a 5.1 system plugged into my computer (as in several cables leading out of the computer, into a 5.1 amplifier, then out to 5 speakers and a subwoofer).

I have my sound panel set up as such:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/22mvv7dm4wp53el/Sound.png?dl=0

On the 737, the engine sounds come from the rear two speakers.  On the 777 and 747, the engine sounds come from the front/centre speakers.

It doesn't bother me as such, if anything, it's more realistic coming from the rear speakers - but why the difference?

Cheers,

Rudy

5 hours ago, VHOJT said:

On the 737, the engine sounds come from the rear two speakers.  On the 777 and 747, the engine sounds come from the front/centre speakers.

It doesn't bother me as such, if anything, it's more realistic coming from the rear speakers - but why the difference?

Not all of our products were mixed for 5.1 sound, firstly. Second, the NGX came out in...2012ish? The 777 and 747 are much newer. Finally, check the SOUND> settings in the CDU menus.

Kyle Rodgers

On 2/24/2018 at 5:53 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Not all of our products were mixed for 5.1 sound, firstly. Second, the NGX came out in...2012ish? The 777 and 747 are much newer. Finally, check the SOUND> settings in the CDU menus.

It is not the sound settings, it happens to me as well. 

Why would older products work for 5.1, and the newer products would not? It seems a bit illogical to me that the 747 and 777 do not work for 5.1 because they are newer. I would expect the opposite in fact!

2 hours ago, ArjenVdv said:

It is not the sound settings, it happens to me as well. 

Why would older products work for 5.1, and the newer products would not? It seems a bit illogical to me that the 747 and 777 do not work for 5.1 because they are newer. I would expect the opposite in fact!

Very first sentence.

The 777 has a specific sound pack for 5.1 that you must download. I don't think we ended up doing one for the 744 because so few people have the setup. Sounds aren't really my thing, though, so if you're looking for a specific answer on it, submit a ticket.

Kyle Rodgers