Sign in to follow this  
Ijon Tichy

Need help to modify Alabeo DA40 with G1000 | 2nd attempt

I have recently purchased the Alabeo DA40, hoping to be able to modify the cockpit with the X-Plane built-in G1000. Unfortunately it turns out that the DA40 has a custom cockpit and even worse: all the scripts are encrypted using the SASL DRM enging. The Alabeo team does not reply on their official support page. As a software developer I could of course hack my way through it somehow, but this would take weeks. So before I take such desperate measures (it is fully legal in Austria to decrypt and decompile code which I have already purchased btw.) I am looking into a way to modify this cockpit without real hacking. 

It really doesn't help that I have just switched over from P3D and therefore have no experience with PlaneMaker. So far I have only managed to make the G1000 partially visibly through some transparent regions by simply copying it into the cockpit using Planemaker. I think it must be possible to do because I successfully did this with the Beech Baron B58. But I am stuck.

Uh, are you trying to break a EULA?  That's against the AVSIM ToS.  AVSIM is not the place where you come to figure out how to hack a product or break a EULA.  We also do not allow discussions of DRM's as they protect products from pirates.  It may be legal in Austria to decrypt and decompile code which you already purchased, but you are in the USA when you are on AVSIM and you abide by our laws.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have to try again, since my previous post was grossly misunderstood, and I cannot write messages. I will try to make it more clear this time.

I have recently purchased the Alabeo DA40, hoping to be able to modify the cockpit with the X-Plane built-in G1000. Unfortunately it turns out that the DA40 has a custom cockpit and even worse: all the scripts are encrypted. The Alabeo team does not reply on their official support page. I am looking into a way to modify this cockpit without hacking or breaking the EULA

It really doesn't help that I have just switched over from P3D and therefore have no experience with PlaneMaker. So far I have only managed to make the G1000 partially visibly through some transparent regions by simply copying it into the cockpit using Planemaker. I think it must be possible to do because I successfully did this with the Beech Baron B58. But I am stuck.

You were not grossly misunderstood in your previous post which I will merge.  Topic will remain locked.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have recently replaced the original cockpit of the built-in Beech Baron B58 with the G1000 glass cockpit from the built-in C172. It's not overly pretty, but it works well. Now I am trying to do the same with my Alabeo DA40 to make it more similar to the DA40D which I am flying in real life. I need this for my IR rating. However, the G1000 which I copied over the original cockpit just shines through at some places. It seems to be in the background somehow. Does anyone here know how to work around this? I am new to X-Plane and PlaneMaker. Maybe it's just a simple mistake I made. Some help?

I have unlocked this topic but I want to make sure you (and others) understand our restrictions via the AVSIM Terms of Service:

Piracy, Key Sharing, Link Sharing, EULA Busting, etc.: Any message, post or topic heading that appears to advocate or perpetuates piracy, shares cracked software, links to or other like material, advocates avoidance of or contravening of End User License Agreements (EULAs) or can be interpreted as approval of piracy or EULA "busting", will be immediately removed and the poster banned. Piracy of software destroys the basis of our hobby and AVSIM enforces anti-piracy policies strictly. If you are a pirate, advocate piracy, or use pirated material, do not register. We place EULA busting in the same category.

Submit News to AVSIM

I don't have experience with PlaneMaker, but at x-plane.org you will most likely find knowledgable people who can help you with your issue. (Also mods who know that using PlaneMaker to modify a plane is not Eula busting, but a common practice in X-Plane which is sometimes even encouraged by devs.)

Found this: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/137142-missing-some-waypoint-in-the-g1000-x-plane-11/

Kind of explains why the Alabeo guys didn't want to answer my support question:

• They are already working on these aircraft models - this is good. Getting rid of the carenado G1000 plugin will probably improve performance significantly.
  • Not so nice: I have bought the DA42 as well, hoping to be able to copy the cockpit over somehow. Now I found out they have actually been selling me something which they already know they will discontinue. I just hope I will be able to upgrade this plane later on. 
  • Bad: I spent many hours now trying to modify the cockpit of these planes. It seems almost impossible to do. I am giving up on this for now. I will practice procedures on the X-Plane C172 which has a perfectly working, highly performant Garmin G1000, and might switch to the DA42 for landings, which is pretty similar in this regard to the DA40.