Sign in to follow this  
JiBrady

iFly 747-400 CDU Question???

How do you load or import flight plans into the CDU?Two were included in the installation, and saving one's own originated flight plans is no problem, but I don't know how to retrieve them and make them active for a flight.In searching the manual, I have learned how to save flight plans (and they show up in the iFly flightplan folder). I also see other posts regarding plans that let me know that others have been successful in implementing them. But for the life of me I am still overlooking the place in the manual that tells me where and how to import and make those plans active for a flight. Per chance, may FS9 originated plans also be imported?I'm willing to bet that the contribution of this bird will soon deserve its own forum. I just made my first flight and for my money the bar has been raised for freeware. In fact, some payware contributors are going to be jealous of this one.Any help on activating flight plans into the CDU would sure be appreciated.Thanks:RTHIf I may add a question too: Has anyone had any trouble adding gross weight or zero fuel entries into the CDU setup?

Guest atc161

Hi, I agree that this package deserves more attention than it's getting and it's own form would be nice. As far as importing flight plans well until someone comes up with a program to convert to the ifly extension I think were outta luck. If you saved a flight plan and it is in the ifly flight plan folder all you have to do is go to the route page on the FMC, type your flight plan name in the sctatch pad eg (cytr-cyow) without the brackets, or whatever you called yours and then hit the LSK beside Co Route, then hit the activate button and thats it in a nutshell.Cheers Nels

Thanks loads Nels.I will give that a try.I feel sure the lack of attention is just not realizing what is here. IMHO this contribution is equal to, and in some cases superior to much of the payware I have purchased (and I have a hanger full). Once found, I can't help but believe interest and response will pick up at a dandy rate. A few more repaints will be nice too.Thanks again:RTH

I too would like to see one of the flight planning tools (example: FSNavigator) be able to export a flight plan to the IFLY FMC. Although I can input a flight plan, line by line, I find it much easier to use one of the planning utilites, then export to the IFLY 747. If anyone knows of a planning tool that be used with this aircraft, please let me know.Thanks, Jim

I have found that you need to wait for the IRS to activate 10 minutes . Then it seems to be possible to add the gross weight.This panel has many quirks I saw another post that suggested you can add the ZFW which is default 184.2 Kilos. I have a problem with the PFD and Primary Nav gauges only partly display ?? Regards, Atkin.