Sign in to follow this  
crosswind

FlyTampa's Boston Released!!

Spent most of the night trying to make it work, I get a CTD loading the airport in.  There is a thread on the forums about it no resolution in sight yet.

Thomas Derbyshire

Nope 4.2, first time I have had any issues installed scenery in v4 period.

Thomas Derbyshire

Does it install with the new add-on folder method or directly on P3D folder?

Edited by simbio

9 hours ago, flytrumpet767 said:

Which makes me wonder. Who can run it with all the features smoothly? Anyway, I also turned down features and I’m pretty happy with it. Did a really nice night landing, and it was pretty smooth, so it’s all good. Just wondering if we’ll ever have systems that can allow us to enable every features on those amazing sceneries. 

I'm sure someone will come along and tell you with an i3 and 2 gig of ram they can get 427fps.  Then they will show you some graphs and tell you 'everyones computer is different'  

That's what normally happens.  

Back to topic. 

When we used to have the 340-300 we used to get loads of ASRs from captains because the KBOS controllers used to want us to use the shorter runway in KBOS for landing and the controllers always wanted you to keep the speed up which on the 343 was an issue due to energy management.  God the amount of hassle the 343 caused in Boston.  Halcyon days I'm getting old.. 

An other story for you.  Think it was the Christmas of 2006 I was cabin crew on a 2 nighter (due Christmas) in Boston.  6 of us took a mini van upto Stowe in vermont and had stayed over night and did a days skiing the following day.  After lunchtime beers,   On the chair lift the first officer had the hire car keys in his pocket and they fell out.   Absolutle Nightmare.  We got stuck in Stowe as it was Christmas day and the hire car company had to send us some new keys.  It put a 16 hour delay onto our flight.  All 6 of us when we got back where called onto the office and give an absolute bollocking.  And there's me now moaning about crew!! 

Edited by tooting
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

Very nice airport. The ground textures are lovely, especially the coastline around the airport. Lots of great little details tha makes for a fun ride with the R22 exploring every nook and cranny this airport has to offer.

It does have a significant fps impact (even with some of the options turned off), but as long as I keep the clouds away I manage around 17-20fps with UTL traffic enabled. I also have ORBX Vector and Open LC running. But for those flying study level aircraft, I hope you are on nuclear power!

I don't like that FlyTampa installs inside the P3D main folder, but I do like their hassle free DRM system with a single activation code, and off you go.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

5 hours ago, sidfadc said:

Spent most of the night trying to make it work, I get a CTD loading the airport in.  There is a thread on the forums about it no resolution in sight yet.

Looks like this might be resolved by disabling collision detection according to the FT forum.

Thomas Derbyshire

I flew into KBOS twice yesterday and have to say this is there best scenery to date. I get great performance with most items checked. The only thing I did not like was the overpowering photo-real ground lights surrounding the airport. I solved this option by renaming one of the files so Orbx lights were the primary. They did a great job with Boston.

• Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

PMDG NGX misty weather (ASP4/SF3D) PATC approach at 04R (sight below 0.5 nm). What a great experience. Performance is acceptable (20-22 fps) with UTL active (70-80 a/c). Due to weather conditions I did not see much from the airport. But it feels so real ...!  I'm loving it.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I notice FlyTampa also seem to get the AFCAD right. The major airlines seem to park at the right gates. 

FlyTampa is a leader in afcads.  If you go to their forum you can download a package of files that you can switch out depending on wind conditions for accurate runways assignments.  That’s a level of effort that most developers don’t go to.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

6 hours ago, simmerhead said:

I don't like that FlyTampa installs inside the P3D main folder, but I do like their hassle free DRM system with a single activation code, and off you go.

I must correct this mistake. Even though the main P3D folder is chosen by the installer by default, it is possible to install the scenery outside of P3D. An add-on.xml file is created by the installer! Very nice! 

10 minutes ago, regis9 said:

FlyTampa is a leader in afcads.  If you go to their forum you can download a package of files that you can switch out depending on wind conditions for accurate runways assignments.  That’s a level of effort that most developers don’t go to.

Really don't understand why other devs screw this up... When you put so much work into all the details, why leave out the AI traffic patterns... 

44 minutes ago, regis9 said:

FlyTampa is a leader in afcads.  If you go to their forum you can download a package of files

Actually these are not Flytampa's AFCADs.
They are made by atco who is a well-known contributor to our hobby (AFCADs, AI traffic, repaints, etc).

Edited by Rafal

5 hours ago, Wise87 said:

I flew into KBOS twice yesterday and have to say this is there best scenery to date. I get great performance with most items checked. The only thing I did not like was the overpowering photo-real ground lights surrounding the airport. I solved this option by renaming one of the files so Orbx lights were the primary. They did a great job with Boston.

How do you disable these? I agree, as much as I love FT airports I have never liked their bright night textures that surround them.  I wish they could include an option to disable them in their configurator tool or somehow provide ORBX blending.  I generally do not like photoreal textures around addon airports.

• Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11