Sign in to follow this  
lgabriel

FMS setup

Small issue with the Maddog X fms not showing altitude and speed on legs after route entry, no ability to enter save flight plan from Simbrief.

Suggestions? Running Prepar3D v4.2

Thanks for the help.

Edited by lgabriel

Did you go all the way thru the FMS Preflight to include entering your peformance data?

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

All fields were populated, fuel, weight, reserve, index,vspeeds, and all legs entered accounding to flight plan just as the Maddog X You-Tude tutorial shows, but still not altitude or speed data after loading.

6 minutes ago, lgabriel said:

All fields were populated, fuel, weight, reserve, index,vspeeds, and all legs entered accounding to flight plan just as the Maddog X You-Tude tutorial shows, but still not altitude or speed data after loading.

Never seen this issue before.  If you think its a bug put in a ticket. Other than ensuring you have all the applicable data fields filled out there should be no reason everything shouldn't be populated.

• Upvote 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Followup question while I'm working on the FMS programming, is there any flight planner that exports the Maddog X .mdr file format, when I use SimBrief and save to the route folder the fms does show the file as a company route.

Thanks again

1 hour ago, lgabriel said:

Followup question while I'm working on the FMS programming, is there any flight planner that exports the Maddog X .mdr file format, when I use SimBrief and save to the route folder the fms does show the file as a company route.

Thanks again

That's strange, been working for me and others for a very long time.  Once entered into COROUTE it should pop right into the Route Page.  Where are you placing the file SimBrief created?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thanks Dave,

i’m Placing it in tha Maddog X route folder under my documents, is this not the correct location?

another FMC issue with FSX, LRC shows sometimes a M 0.83 cruise. How can that be on an Aircraft whos maximum speed is M 0.78?

Peter

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, lgabriel said:

Thanks Dave,

i’m Placing it in tha Maddog X route folder under my documents, is this not the correct location?

C:\Users\[USER NAME]\Documents\Maddog X Files\Routes

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

9 minutes ago, lgabriel said:

Yes Dave that is where they are.

Interesting. This is the first time I've seen that.

Okay, let's take this from the top.

Sim Version?

AIRAC in use by SimBrief?

AIRAC shown in the Maddog CDU?

Entering aircraft position and Lattitude?

Entering COROUTE as airport ICAOs?  Example: "KPHLKBOS"?

Can you please upload your SimBrief file and give me a link for it?

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

Dave,

Thanks for your help, I have it working now,,,seems it was cockpit error, I was expecting it  to work  the same as the PMDG, that by pressing the LSKL3 button that the window file location would open and you would select the file wanted...dumb me. I now type in the file name and it works fine.

Thanks again, now on to some other learning experience.

You are most welcome, happy you've got it working!

Best wishes for Happy Flights!

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges