Sign in to follow this  
CF104

Passenger Crash Lands Plane After Pilot Suffers Heart Attack

Guest Accent

Passenger crash lands twin-engine planeKESQ, KVBC (internet), WXYZ TV (Detroit) ^ | 5 May 05 |Posted on 05/06/2005 12:08:29 AM PDTA twin engine Gulfstream One turbo-prop made a belly landing about 100 feet short of a North Las Vegas runway at 0914 5 May. One of the two passangers aboard - who had no flight experience in a multi engined aircraft - took control of the aircraft, after the pilot took ill while en route to San Diego. Reports indicated that the pilot suffered a heart attack during flight and subsequently died at a local Las Vegas hospital. The passanger is intimated as having had in a previous life stick time in gliders (but never in any powered aircraft - let alone twin engined powered aircraft). During all the commotion the passenger-pilot apparently overlooked that whole wheels down thing.http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=3306216&nav=15MUUi4B

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!That article reads like a vendetta to get the airport shut down. My dad flies an old ROCKWELL Turbocommander 690B, guess Gulfstream bought the rights. Might have been planning on passenger's part not to bring the gear down, prefering not to deal with braking/steering. 100 feet short of runway or runoff? The pics/video don't look like asphalt, but not very clear. Best regards, Donny:-wave

> The passanger is intimated as having had in a>previous life stick time in gliders >>So, he'd been reincarnated?http://online.vatsimindicators.net/916312/3.png

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

>>> The passanger is intimated as having had in a>>previous life stick time in gliders >>>>>So, he'd been reincarnated?No, just bad wording or quote. The passenger actually had some glider training about 25 years ago, which is a life time to some.JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!Been off for a while, is Avsim Forums acting up? Have I been banned? My posts only apear in the "latest post" window, and I see lots of posring anomalies in the existing ones. One of mine was "removed" apparently. Guess my settings might be off...Best Regards, Donny:-wave Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!