Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

HID Compliant Game Controller / CH Pedals and Yoke prevent Monitor from sleeping-1709 Windows 10 x64

I recall this issue in the past, in a previous version of Windows 10.. but I now know with certainty it exists in my install of Win 10 x64.. for those using the ch yoke (eclipse in my case) and pedals.. have you ran into this and ever found a solution?

If these two are plugged in, the screens will never time out and goto power save or screen saver mode.  It appears this bug has returned.

I cant figure a way around it for now, short of disabling them in the device manager.  What would be nice is, if there was a way to pro-grammatically, via batch file.. disable the two after an idle period is reached.

I've tried everything to get around it otherwise.. different usb power save options in the power options, neither disabled or enabled works.. there is no power save tab for the devices themselves.. its an issue with the HID portion.

Any experiences out there?

Thanks in advance

• Upvote 2

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I already knew i could disable the hid compliant game controller in device manager (not a solution for me).. so i installed a fresh windows on another partition with some minimal installs.. v1709 of windows.. no issues with the lcds going to sleep.

Therefore i knew this is software/driver/services related..

At one point on the problem windows partition, i went to reboot, it stalled for some reason, many things got killed.. suddenly the screens were powering off.
So I know a process or service must be tying things up with those hid drivers.. i just cant figure out which.

I could try msconfig and rule some things out, but i went through one by one killing processes.. no luck.. same deal with services.. hitting stop.. no luck.

• Upvote 2

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

This turned out to be the Geforce Experience.. removed it.. problem solved .. i also then stumbled onto this thread showing the same thing.. unfortunately even the beta isnt a fix.

This sucks as i had preferred using shadowplay for recording.. i might look at the built in windows dvr features or maybe obs

• Upvote 2