Sign in to follow this  
airrace

Fsx skipping and or jumping

My fsx game keeps skipping and or jumping while I play the game. Idk What the issue is but it's like it runs fine then the game jumps. It's like a lag but idk if it is. It's like the game stop's for half a second then resumes when it does this frequently every time I play the game help please!!!!

May I ask just a few questions?

System Processor and Speed (GHz)?

Motherboard Memory?

Graphics Card?

Graphic Card Memory?

Are you using any Payware Scenery when this happens? If so, which one?

Which aircraft are you flying when this happens?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

41 minutes ago, airrace said:

My fsx game keeps skipping and or jumping while I play the game. Idk What the issue is but it's like it runs fine then the game jumps. It's like a lag but idk if it is. It's like the game stop's for half a second then resumes when it does this frequently every time I play the game help please!!!!

You started essentially the same topic a few days ago, so I merged them together.

Please don’t keep opening new topics on the same issue. If no one replies to the first topic just bump it back to the top by adding a reply asking for help again.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Motherboard Memory?

Graphics Card?

Graphic Card Memory?

Processor: Intel(R) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70 GHz 2.90GHz.

Motherboard memory: I don't know.

Graphics card: NVIDIA GEFORCE.

3 minutes ago, airrace said:

Processor: Intel(R) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70 GHz 2.90GHz.

Motherboard memory: I don't know.

Graphics card: NVIDIA GEFORCE.

You can find your memory by clicking on My Computer and Properties.  Otherwise type "System Information" into the Windows 10 Start menu.  Regarding your Video Card, "NVIDIA GEFORCE" is a Brand and Type, but not the actual video card.  Depending on your system, you may be running off a Chip instead of a card, and while there is still more info about that chip (if that's what you have) then it wouldn't really matter too much.

You'll need to answer the request of all my questions before I (or anyone else) can help you, but given your processor specs I'm assuming that you need to move all your scenery sliders to the far right in order to run FSX.  If you do that, and you're then to run FSX, you can slowly move one slider at a time to the right and see how much FSX graphics your computer can handle.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

13 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

You can find your memory by clicking on My Computer and Properties.  Otherwise type "System Information" into the Windows 10 Start menu.  Regarding your Video Card, "NVIDIA GEFORCE" is a Brand and Type, but not the actual video card.  Depending on your system, you may be running off a Chip instead of a card, and while there is still more info about that chip (if that's what you have) then it wouldn't really matter too much.

You'll need to answer the request of all my questions before I (or anyone else) can help you, but given your processor specs I'm assuming that you need to move all your scenery sliders to the far right in order to run FSX.  If you do that, and you're then to run FSX, you can slowly move one slider at a time to the right and see how much FSX graphics your computer can handle.

Best wishes.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=388836418254690&id=100013850040612

I don't know if you already looked at this video that I Uploaded on Facebook here is the video of what is going on The link above will taking to the video 

Just now, airrace said:

I don't know if you already looked at this video that I Uploaded on Facebook here is the video of what is going on The link above will taking to the video 

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may be broken or expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Anyway, I'll really need the technical info before I can help you, regardless of what I see.  A lot of people aren't aware of how terribly resource hungry FSX is, and that's it's a full up simulator rat her than a simple game - so it eats CPU cycles for lunch! 

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

4 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may be broken or expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Anyway, I'll really need the technical info before I can help you, regardless of what I see.  A lot of people aren't aware of how terribly resource hungry FSX is, and that's it's a full up simulator rat her than a simple game - so it eats CPU cycles for lunch! 

Best wishes!

On 2/24/2018 at 2:59 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Motherboard Memory?

Graphics Card?

Graphic Card Memory?

Hey I just wanted to let you know that I figured it out and I fixed it myself thank you for your help though 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, airrace said:

Hey I just wanted to let you know that I figured it out and I fixed it myself thank you for your help though 

OK, we sure didn't want to know what you found!  Doubt if it would help anyone else with the same problem, anyway!:huh:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

29 minutes ago, charliearon said:

OK, we sure didn't want to know what you found!  Doubt if it would help anyone else with the same problem, anyway!:huh:

I just went in and changed if you settings in my computer and then it worked fine 

2 hours ago, airrace said:

Excellent news!

Happy flights my friend!

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

On 2/27/2018 at 0:40 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Excellent news!

Happy flights my friend!

Thanks! Do you have Microsoft Flight Simulator X Acceleration?

On 2/27/2018 at 10:30 AM, charliearon said:

Do you have Microsoft Flight Simulator X Acceleration?