Sign in to follow this  
AirShow

Airbus WideBody "Prologue" + DirectX10?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can please confirm whether or not the Airbus WideBody "Prologue" product from BlackBox Simulations is compatible with FSX:SE, when the Preview DirectX10 setting is turned on? It's rather pricey, so I would love to know for sure before buying. Thanks.

Edited by AirShow

Yes it works.But, and this is a bit ot, if i were you I would  not buy it. Not at this stage O,F,S  speeds are all wrong. "vnav"  has a  mind of its own and if you try to land using  managed speed you crash more often than not. (due to the speeds being all  wrong and way too low).

• Upvote 1

@MindYerBeak Thanks for the reply and heads up about ongoing bugs.

I'm looking for some more larger planes, to add to my PDMG ones. How about these products? Do they work with FSX:SE and DirectX10 enabled:

• Just Flight Airbus Collection
  • Just Flight A321 Jetliner

Thanks

50 minutes ago, AirShow said:

@MindYerBeak How about these products? Do they work with FSX:SE and DirectX10 enabled:

Thanks

I have both and they work - but I also run Steve’s DX10 Fixer when in DX10 mode.

JF have a free 757 Freemium which you might want to try before committing money to the Airbus - assuming they’ll behave the same way.

These JF models are not study level so it’ll be a different experience from PMDG - still great fun to use though when you want to just up and away!

• Upvote 1

Best regards

Rupert

16 minutes ago, CB_Pilot said:

I have both and they work - but I also run Steve’s DX10 Fixer when in DX10 mode.

That's great news - thanks! I also have Steve's DX10 Fixer, but it didn't help for the CLS AIrbus Long Haul series, for example. I had the following problem in that one, without a solution.

As long as there are no texture or alpha problems with DX10 enabled, I'd be fine with it being a more laid back experience, as compared to the PDMGs.

4 hours ago, AirShow said:

@MindYerBeak Thanks for the reply and heads up about ongoing bugs.

I'm looking for some more larger planes, to add to my PDMG ones. How about these products? Do they work with FSX:SE and DirectX10 enabled:

Thanks

Imo:

If money is not an issue: fslabs a320xs and captain sim 757.

If money is an issue QWings 757 and airbus a318/a319/a320/a321.

Just saying...

9 hours ago, MindYerBeak said:

If money is not an issue: fslabs a320xs and captain sim 757.

If money is an issue QWings 757 and airbus a318/a319/a320/a321.

The issue for me is also liveries. None of these have the livery I want, unfortunately.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, AirShow said:

That's great news - thanks! I also have Steve's DX10 Fixer, but it didn't help for the CLS AIrbus Long Haul series, for example. I had the following problem in that one, without a solution.

Have you tried asking Steve about this directly on his official DX10 Fixer support forum - there might be a simple answer?

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/644-the-official-dx10-scenery-fixer-support-forum/

Edited by vortex681
  • Upvote 1

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

@vortex681 Good thought! I might post on there to try and get some help, although I don't think the DX10 fixer is meant for the inside of the aircraft.

Based on what I've read about it, it does help with the external texture of legacy craft, but not the virtual cockpit.