Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

[Poll] How do you prefer to fly?

How do you prefer to fly?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer to fly multiple legs before changing aircraft or you pick a random flight every time?

• Multiple legs before changing aircraft
    • Random flight every time

I used to fly a different plane/airline/flight every time, but I realized that this way I don't spend enough time to learn/enjoy the particular aircraft, so I think its better to fly 4-5 legs each time before changing to another  aircraft. Do you have a plan on how you fly or you find it more enjoyable to pick a random flight each time? Just curious.. :) 

Edited by Daedalus

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

I usually have 3-4 aircraft type that I constantly rotate between. (ATM it is: MD80, A320, Q400 and the 737NG). Any more than that I tend to forget operation procedures (not checklists) such as energy mgmt and arrival profiles/flaps schedules.

So my pmdg B747-400 is grounded for the imminent future.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Yes, that's the thing. We are so lucky flight simulation fans to have a huge gamut of add-on aircraft to learn nowadays. The only "drawback" of this luxury is that there is usually not enough time to master all of them. It only makes the hobby more exciting to have so many options :) 

Edited by Daedalus

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

I switch between MD11F, 737 NG, A320, 777, and some smaller SEP and MEP aircrafts. It is hard to keep all the procedures, QRH knowledge and memory items in mind, but it is a lot of fun as it always keeps you busy.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Neither, nor...!

Each flight departs from the airport I landed at on my previous flight, and I only fly real world scheduled flights on any airline using the same equipment as per schedule taken from Flight Aware, for example yesterday I flew from RCTP to RPLL on Eva (PMDG) Boeing 773 and I am today flying from RPLL to RJGG on Philippine Airlines (FSLabs) A320. It's a constant world trip that never ends and allows me to use all my airport add-ons on arrival and the next time on departure, night or day, and all my aircraft add.ons, my only limitations when choosing my next flight is the type of aircraft add-on availability.

Edited by Jean-Claude
  • Upvote 1

I generally rotate through my airliner fleet: TFDI 717, PMDG 737, 747, 777, CS 757, FSL A320, MJC Q400, AS CRJ, and now the Maddog.

Having said that, I will sometimes get obsessive and fly a few flights in a row with the same aircraft, but normally I like to vary my aircraft each flight...there’s too many good ones to choose from not to.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

After playing with GA and tubeliners, I only fly the majestic Q400 now. That is enough for me to keep me interested. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I usually do several flights roundtrip to the same "base" with the same aircraft before switching to another "base" and potentially another aircraft.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

Been flying turbine duke since it first came out for FSX and P3D. I like to pretend I own this aircraft. I have 6 other a/c in the hangar but rarely touch them.  

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Wow, I actually do a mixture of almost everything mentioned above by my felow simmers.

This weekend for instance, since my wife was out and I had some time off, I did a real simming marathon. I flew five different planes out of six I have installed in my sim. Each flight a different plane. Usually I do at least several (sometimes dozens) of flights in one aircraft type before getting bored and switching to another. So, I must admit that was not easy, as I had to switch my mind between different philosophies, from a regional to a large beast, from yoke to a sidestick. A lot of sweat but I do feel a Man now. :biggrin:

Edited by Rafal

Almost 100 % GA.  Pistons, turboprops, and bizjets.  I plan my own routes and fly the majority of my flights online at PilotEdge

If the cost of tubeliners were cheaper I'd consider buying something for P3D v4.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Depending on how much time I have and plan to fly,  I switch between PMDG 737, 747, 777 and FSlabs A320.

I fly real routes all over the globe as per Flightaware schedules.

Bill Hagag

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

I'll stay on a single type for a few months. Flights become a lot less stressful once you have the time to learn and master a bird's systems. Currently been hopping around in the 738.

I do a mix of everything really.

Currently on a NA tour in my A2A Comanche, I also have a Milviz Beaver based in Alaska, a Piper Seminole that's parked in Europe, and my trusty old A2A 172 that's at my home base at YPJT.

So depending on how I feel i'll load up a flight with any one of these aircraft. And then I have a few others like the Tomahawk that I can "rent" out for short sight seeing tours from any of my destinations. :happy: