Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

[Poll] How do you prefer to fly?

How do you prefer to fly?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer to fly multiple legs before changing aircraft or you pick a random flight every time?

• Multiple legs before changing aircraft
    • Random flight every time

Complete a circuit back to base before picking another aircraft/livery/circuit.

I stick to one advanced aircraft for months. I don't have the time or patience to learn them all. I usually just fly one full "realistic" flight per week, on saturday or sunday.

I'm currently killing time with the Skysim DC-9 while waiting for the Milviz B737-200 to be updated for P3Dv4. It is my favorite advanced aircraft for P3D as I don't like glass cockpits. With cargo versions of these I can fly anywhere and keep life interesting.  

The rest of the time I just have fun with whatever aircraft I fancy. My favorite aircraft in the sim is the Robinson R22 (although I wish it had more realistic systems so one could at elast fly it according to real life procedures). Lack of realistic flight model doesn't bother me - I think it's great fun anyway.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

pmdg and Boeing. Smoother transition means no need for countless hours of learning totally different systems = more time flying

ZORAN

I go on flightaware.com and find a route that I have scenery for and uses an aircraft I have for P3D, 80% it normally ends up being 737/320.

I fly that route one way and never do the return, just move on to the next one.

I cycle through three groups: GA, charter/business aviation and scheduled. I stick with one type until I have the feeling I know normal procedures well enough, which usually takes weeks, sometimes months.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

I always start a new flight from where I landed the last flight.  I then plan the next flight from there, which usually is from 50 miles to 500.  The length of the flight determines the aircraft. Anything under 200 miles I rotate between the A2A GA planes. Anything over that I fly A2A's Connie or the Xtreme Prototypes Lear. I've got others in my hangar from Carenado and Milviz, but I usually pick from the A2A's.  Never fly 737's, etc., because props work better with the Buttkicker and Opus's program for it,  and I never got past my fixation on steam gauges.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

4 hours ago, simmerhead said:

Edited by simmerhead
Error

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I currently cycle through four aircraft (PMDG 737-600, 747-400 BCF, 777F, and the QW Avro RJ70) on very short haul flights around the UK and Ireland. To be more accurate, the 777F has only just been added to the list, and first flight is currently scheduled for the end of the week.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Recently I jumped into my Piston Duke and made a big journey along Australian Eastern Coast from Cairns to Essendon/Moorrabbin with stops at all my FTX airports. I learned a lot about a/c procedures and much more about how to use the F1 GTN 750. Then i took the way back at another day and other weather conditions. It was a great experience and I am now quite familiar with GTN 750.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I currently rotate through 3 biz jets, always start from where they are left. The CX is heading across the pond and down to South America, the LJ25D doing a circuit of Africa and the Mustang looping around Europe at the moment! 

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Sometimes I fly where I last left off, but not always.  Really both of your poll choices could apply to me.  It doesn't have to be either/or.

If I can't decide where to fly, sometimes I go to onlineflightplanner.org and pick out someone else's flight.

Been doing some FedEx milkruns lately in the PMDG 777F, since I bought KMEM.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB