Sign in to follow this  
louiseSEUK

Elgato Stream Deck hotkey assignment and P3D

Hey everyone, Any ideas if these are compatible with each other? I got a stream deck and want to use it for keyboard shortcuts. P3D is ignoring ANY request coming from the Stream Deck - I've tried to map zoom, sound, a couple of ChasePlane views, nothing..nothing at all.

Can get Zoom in/out working in other applications mapping +/- via the Stream Deck software to do this. Try the same thing in P3D, no dice.

I've also tried using PRNTSCREEN mapped to a third party application's screenshot function - again, working fine in other applications, but no response in P3D?

https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/stream-deck is product link. It's admittedly geared up primarily to content creators, but no reason what I am doing shouldn't be possible, per their blurb. Where I can get it to work, it's actually near enough awesome!

Any of you running this combo? Anything I'm missing or need to be aware of? I have FSUIPC reg'd if that makes any difference (although have already disabled it to see if keys respond).
Ideally, this is trying to get some hotkey functions to quick switch my chaseplane views mapped on the stream deck.

Thanks, Leo

Louise

London, UK

Did you ever get this to work?

I bought one to use with P3D on Amazon’s Prime Day, and am wondering whether I need to return it.

Ian.

Found this topic while searching for the same info, since out of the box I couldn't make it work either. (also bought one on Prime Day)

Turns out, the trick is to exit the background Stream Deck software that's running in the system tray, and restart it using the 'Run as Administrator' option. Works great then.

Edited by Jimmy RFR
  • Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Thanks Jimmy,

You’ve made my (Prime) day.

Even on Prime Day, it was a bit expensive for something to just open web-pages, etc, although it is quite good at that.

Now I’m going to go mad, creating loads of flashy icons for P3D.  It’s a shame that there is no obvious pool of flyers using the Stream Deck, that might have created a large collection of icons already.

Ian.

Check out scisimmers video here: 

Hopefully it helps!

• Upvote 1

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS

On 7/20/2018 at 7:00 AM, Jimmy RFR said:

Turns out, the trick is to exit the background Stream Deck software that's running in the system tray, and restart it using the 'Run as Administrator' option. Works great then.

I bought the Stream Deck a few days ago and had given up to use it with EZ-Dock (and Chaseplane) because the keystrokes didn't function.
And then by coincidence I saw the above remark.... 👍

• Like 1

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11