Sign in to follow this  
Pidder

Helicopter Autopilot for P3Dv4.2 relesead

For those of you flying helicopter there might be a very nice tool to ease your workflow en route.

Here you will find an easy to install 64bit Helicopter Autopilot written by LM for P3D v4.2 onwards, all code and credits are by LM. 

• Upvote 3

Allways three greens,
Markus

VFR-Flightsimmer.de

Interesting.... does it work only on default helos?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

22 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Interesting.... does it work only on default helos?

All helos with the required amendments to the aircraft and panel cfgs

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

Hmmm I wonder if I need to do more than just install the client_msi file for this to work...  ie do I need a vanilla 4.2 install?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I did only the P3D4.2-client-update and the autopilot works very good with i.e. the old FSX Cera Bell 412. Just 3 easy steps to install.

I hope the developers will build new helos with this auotpilot code integrated in their panels.

Allways three greens,
Markus

VFR-Flightsimmer.de

Got this thing installed this morning prior to coming to work.

A few things: No instructions on how to assign the AP window a key sequence, that is, Shift+1 or similar. I substituted an existing info window on the Alabeo R66 and that seems to work.

Once underway with the GTN 750 and everytning working well, there is a contant tail swinging left and right that will make you sick after about three minutes. Running with no weather so that's not involved. Not sure what's up with that. Also as an aside, the stock R22 has no aircraft.cfg to add the AP to which is why I went to the R66 which does.

Cheers,

Mark

11 hours ago, newtie said:

Got this thing installed this morning prior to coming to work.

A few things: No instructions on how to assign the AP window a key sequence, that is, Shift+1 or similar. I substituted an existing info window on the Alabeo R66 and that seems to work.

Once underway with the GTN 750 and everytning working well, there is a contant tail swinging left and right that will make you sick after about three minutes. Running with no weather so that's not involved. Not sure what's up with that. Also as an aside, the stock R22 has no aircraft.cfg to add the AP to which is why I went to the R66 which does.

Cheers,

Mark

did you read the readme file?, thats in there on assigning it to a 2d pop up

3, Add or amend panel.cfg to reflect

WindowXX=AP

//------------------------------------------------
[WindowXX]
SCALEFORM_FILE = Autopilot\Autopilot.swf
ident=MISC_POPUP_4
size_mm=700,128
pixel_size=700,128
background_color = 0,0,0
window_size=1.0,1.0
position=0
visible=0

Aircraft.cfg and sim.cfg are the same thing, the R22 has one, if there was no Aircraft/sim.cfg the aircraft wont work

You need to edit the Yaw damper settings for each aircraft that display this  >http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/27314-p3d-v42-helicopter-autopilot/&tab=comments#comment-274414

Edited by jeansy

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

disregard

Edited by jeansy

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

38 minutes ago, johnbla said:

Does anyone know if this will work on fixed wing? I like the look of it.

John I cant confirm if it works on a fixed wing, as its written for helos

but I have one that is very similar  with a few more features that does and works fine on fixed winged, if you want I can PM you with it and instructions

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

Thanks Matt, please PM me, I would love it. BTY, where are you in Au, I am in Sydney.

John

1 hour ago, johnbla said:

Thanks Matt, please PM me, I would love it. BTY, where are you in Au, I am in Sydney.

John

NT

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

10 hours ago, jeansy said:

did you read the readme file?, thats in there on assigning it to a 2d pop up

Aircraft.cfg and sim.cfg are the same thing, the R22 has one, if there was no Aircraft/sim.cfg the aircraft wont work

You need to edit the Yaw damper settings for each aircraft that display this  >http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/27314-p3d-v42-helicopter-autopilot/&tab=comments#comment-274414

Yes, I read the file.

My question is how to assign a key sequence so that WindowXX will open presenting the AP interface.

Jorge's fix was posted prior to your response here and that seems to fix the yaw issue.

59 minutes ago, newtie said:

Yes, I read the file.

My question is how to assign a key sequence so that WindowXX will open presenting the AP interface.

depending on what you assign it to depends on what key plus the shift key you press for it to open

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

How do I do that? That is, how do I assign a key sequence or button for that matter?

Within P3D, it's done through Controls. Adding a WindowXX to the R66 .cfg file and selecting a key/button to associate it with is what I'm after. This is probably simple but I've never done it :>)