Pidder

Helicopter Autopilot for P3Dv4.2 relesead

does any body used HAP-HELI-GAUGE for FSX

this package functional very strong and stable

unfortunate, it can't work in 64bit 

after I try Helicopter Autopilot for P3Dv4.2

I found some problem, it Uncoordinated in rotor with SPD

sometimes fast sometimes slow, we hear rotor sound feel uncomfortable

newtie this AP is a gauge , no control setting can be used for this , you have to edit the Panel.cfg file for the Helo and use the next available windowXX (max 9, 00 to08)  then say window08=AP... The numbers must be in sequence , as I said there are only 9 available so if you have already more than that you will have to sacrifice something and replace it with the AP

then copy paste  (dont forget to copy the autopilot folder)

//------------------------------------------------
[Window08]
SCALEFORM_FILE = Autopilot\Autopilot.swf
ident=MISC_POPUP_4
size_mm=700,128
pixel_size=700,128
background_color = 0,0,0
window_size=1.0,1.0
position=0
visible=0

into the file and save . Once in the Sim with the helo pres the Shift 9 and the AP gauge will pop up...

(dont forget to copy the autopilot folder)

Jorge

Edited by aeronauta

Hello,

Ok after installing the Gauge, I can POP up the AP Gauge using the Vehicle, +Instrument Panel and select the "AP" but I do NOT Understand how to activate the AP.

When the Heli is on the ground I can activate the AP but if the Heli is already moving I cannot activate the AP.

What is my mistake?

Thanks in advance.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

5 hours ago, aeronauta said:

newtie this AP is a gauge , no control setting can be used for this , you have to edit the Panel.cfg file for the Helo and use the next available windowXX (max 9, 00 to08)  then say window08=AP... The numbers must be in sequence , as I said there are only 9 available so if you have already more than that you will have to sacrifice something and replace it with the AP

[Window08]
ident=MISC_POPUP_4
size_mm=700,128
pixel_size=700,128
background_color = 0,0,0
window_size=1.0,1.0
position=0
visible=0

into the file and save . Once in the Sim with the helo pres the Shift 9 and the AP gauge will pop up...

Jorge

Thanks Jorge. Works perfect.

Hello,

I still do not understand to make this AP active..

Please assist

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

On 3/2/2018 at 8:03 PM, aeronauta said:

[Window08]
ident=MISC_POPUP_4
size_mm=700,128
pixel_size=700,128
background_color = 0,0,0
window_size=1.0,1.0
position=0
visible=0

Jorge

Hi Jorge-

I just got this up and running in the Milviz MD530. Took a bit of doing as the GTN750 option seems to create it's own panel folder. Anyway, part of this process for me was to compare the MD530 panel folder(s) with other helis. What I couldn't figure out on my own was the meaning of the //----------------------------- that I found in some panel folders but not others. Is this a demarcation between certain sections or an indicator of some type that is used in some instances but not others?

Thanks,

Mark

Has anyone gotten the AP to respond to keyboard assignments?  I would like to get keyboard assignments setup so I can control the AP using voice control.

Danny

Danny

On 3/22/2018 at 11:40 AM, newtie said:

Hi Jorge-

I just got this up and running in the Milviz MD530. Took a bit of doing as the GTN750 option seems to create it's own panel folder. Anyway, part of this process for me was to compare the MD530 panel folder(s) with other helis. What I couldn't figure out on my own was the meaning of the //----------------------------- that I found in some panel folders but not others. Is this a demarcation between certain sections or an indicator of some type that is used in some instances but not others?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark,

Any line that starts with // in an FSX/P3D configuration file is a comment and is ignored. 

// ---------------------- is just a common way to visually separate sections.  Has no effect on operations.

Dutch

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

Thanks.

Couldn't understand why some panel.cfgs had it and others didn't.

I just assigned it to my Milviz 407 and it works very well. However, I 've notice my Helicopter is Listing to the right.   Any help Jeansy? It stays on course. and elevation.  just looks wierd

:biggrin:

Edited by FireRx

Capt. Robert Rixx

I did a new clean install of P3Dv4.2.2. I then modified the R22 panel.cfg and sim.cfg to that recommended here. The autopilot pops up as desired but then it does not work at all. Furthermore, on my system it locks up the "Shift+key" selections so that you cannot use them anymore and you have to exit the flight and start over again to regain functionality. I am running P3D in Windows 10 build 1709 (64bit) with all the latest updates in administrator mode and just can't get this autopilot to work. Any suggestions from anyone?

Does anybody know another source for the file in the first post? 

Looks OZx has had big issues - been down, looks like it may be for awhile.  When I try to access the site best i get is a message saying JayKae is working on it after the site being " compromised".  Sounds like he may get it going again, but, doesn't sound like it will be too soon.  Sorry to hear that - great site that I have supported.

Joe

Joe Lorenc