Sign in to follow this  
Pidder

Helicopter Autopilot for P3Dv4.2 relesead

Danny, anyway to renew your link? Great news to find this after using Dirk's in all my FS9/X helos for years now.

Thanks Danny for the quick reply, all I am getting is a "404" error code.

Looking for the same file as well. The Oz site is down and the Dropbox link on the P3D site is empty. Anyone have it they can share?

I have configured the Bell 206 with the New P3D autopilot following all the instructions as given and put the yaw_damper_gain at 100 as suggested. For the most part, the autopilot seems to work. However, when I put the 206 in a hover at any altitude, I have a constant drift to the left. Don't know what is causing that. Does anyone have suggestions on how to correct this?

Also I tried the R22 default helo and it works pretty good but when I put this in a hover, it drifts backwards. Thanks for any suggestions.

I am using the R22. I have followed all the instructions. I think. I can display the autopilot and adjust everything. All the buttons seem to work "AP" etc. But when I lift off the copter spins/rotates to the right. The peddles don't stop it as they would without the autopilot. I am using the GTN750 with an active flight plan. Every thing set to GPS, NAV on. Does not follow the flight plan.

What am I missing. P3d V4.3

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

I set the yaw_damper_gain=100 and the yaw_control_uses_trim=1.000000 in the R22 modified sim cfg and it appears to be pretty stable. I tried the same thing in the EH-101 from FSX and that works really well. The main problem I am having is in hovering. I am still getting drift, although not much. I am mainly using the autopilot on long missions where you have to fly long distances. The autopilot works really well under these circumstances. Holds altitude, heading, speed, really well. I have not tried any nav or gps driven functions yet so I can't presently help on that. Keep experimenting. 

Thank you for your reply. You are the only one who has replied to many posts I have made on this subject. Again Thank You.

I found out my problem. I was using V4.3 client with V4.2 Content and Scenery. After I up date the Content and Scenery all is well.

Bill McCracken

I have programmed the Icaro AW139 helicopter with the new P3D autopilot and took a screen shot to show what it looks like to anyone interested. Works really well but suffers from slight drift to the left on touchdown. I've been trying all kinds of experiments with the programming but can't seem to correct the drift. I have tried this autopilot in R22, EH-101, Bell 206 from FSX ported over to P3D and they all work well except for the drift. My friend Helomissionman has provided a link for the screenshot. https://app.box.com/s/1ilmviwwu242e7fcmqe9fsxqvvxr2pwa

Another problem which I mentioned in a previous post: hitting certain other keys while flying the with the autopilot on causes the entire program to lock up and the only way out is to enable the task manager and end the program. Once again, maybe my particular setup or not. If you just fly and operate the autopilot only there is no problem. These experiments were conducted with P3DV4.3.

Have there been any updates to the helicopter autopilot now that P3DV4.4.x has been released?