Sign in to follow this  
Konterhalbe

Caution Light Problem fixed?

Good day everyone!

As IVAO starts working on compatible MTL for P3D V4, the sim and the PMDG 747 V2 become an option for me,

but first i need to know if the 747-bug, where the caution light illuminates at engine start, is solved?
Does that problem also occur when using "last panel state"? If the QOTSII supports "last panel state"?

Thats how I manage my panel state in the NGX in FSX now and I do want to use the 747 in P3D V4 the same way.

I know about the work-around with the default panel state, but that's not how I want to use an addon,

whose price at release was 15$ more that the release price of the 777.

Engine starting on the QOTS II is pretty darned realistic and - at least on on my setup -  there is no bug. 

You shouldn't compare the NGX with the B744 because they are two very different beasts.  I recommend if you follow the tutorials in the manuals you will soon get used to the differences between these two aircraft.  When you have, you could even pretend you have successfully completed a conversion course!

If I were you I would stick to the default panel states for both aircraft types - especially for the verified liveries - and enjoy 'flying' the differences.  The QOTS II is worth every cent, so go for it and have some four-engined fun!

Bertie Goddard

Edited by berts
deletion

Thanks for your reply, Bertie!

I am unable to follow the tutorials in the manuals because I am not that type of guy, that invests money before he fully knows what he's buying.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like there's a legal chance to read the 747 Introduction Manual before actually buying it.

I know about the differences between the 737 and 747, as I am training on the NGX for six years now and I did long haul flying with the first version of the PMDG 747 for five years back in FS9.

19 hours ago, berts said:

If I were you I would stick to the default panel states for both aircraft

That's one option, but unfortunately not the one I want to use.

When I leave the aircraft today with GPU connected, SQWK on 6225, VHF1 on 134.35, 4633kg remaining fuel in the tanks and MCP ALT 5000ft, I want to see the exact same scenario and settings tomorrow, when launching the Sim and preparing the aircraft for a return leg back home, just as it would be in the real aircraft only an hour after arrival.

That's why I don't want to use default panel states and that's why I need to know if the QOTS II supports the "last panel state" option just as the 737NGX does.

19 hours ago, berts said:

and enjoy 'flying' the differences

That's why I see the 747 as possible investment target, as I really liked the feeling back in FS9 flying the 747.

I just don't want to have differences - or more precisely: less functions - on what PMDG delivers additionally to the real world aircraft just as the last panel state option, for example.

8 minutes ago, asdfgh said:

That's one option, but unfortunately not the one I want to use.

When I leave the aircraft today with GPU connected, SQWK on 6225, VHF1 on 134.35, 4633kg remaining fuel in the tanks and MCP ALT 5000ft, I want to see the exact same scenario and settings tomorrow, when launching the Sim and preparing the aircraft for a return leg back home, just as it would be in the real aircraft only an hour after arrival.

That's why I don't want to use default panel states and that's why I need to know if the QOTS II supports the "last panel state" option just as the 737NGX does.

I get that you're trying to emphasize things, but all of the bold/underline comes across as a bit aggressive...

All the same, yes, it supports what you're asking.

The issue is, currently, that you need to start with the default (engines running) panel state the first time, and save stuff from there. The panel states that ship with it (and the panel states that people created prior to the last update) can cause issues because some of the data in them does not match up with the data that the plane loads, post-update.

In other words, don't start with one of the panel states that causes issues and attempt to save on top of it. Start with the default panel state (not technically a panel state, rather the lack of one), set the plane up how you like, and save that. You can then save overtop that one as much as you'd like.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, asdfgh said:

Unfortunately it doesn't look like there's a legal chance to read the 747 Introduction Manual before actually buying it.

there are actually many videos on yourtube (reviews, recorded live streams and so on) about the 747 where you can get a lot of information that might help you decide if you want to buy it. 

Thanks for your answer, Kyle and sorry if it came across a little rude.

I was just afraid that it was not entirely clear what I meant at first place due to my bad english and partly complicated mode of expression.

1 hour ago, Ephedrin said:

there are actually many videos on yourtube (reviews, recorded live streams and so on) about the 747 where you can get a lot of information that might help you decide if you want to buy it. 

That's correct and I did view quite a lot QOTSII videos as I find it a little less complicated to find out things on my own but I did absolutely not find any video where the panel states got explained.

All I found were videos about how to get her into the air or how to program the FMC, but these were not the things I wanted to learn in the first place.

However, I watched them anyway. :D

I already decided to buy the 747 QOTSII years ago as it was announced, but the right time still has to come (IVAO MTL P3D V4).

Thank you all for your answers!

5 hours ago, asdfgh said:

I am not that type of guy, that invests money before he fully knows what he's buying.

I personally have purchased lots of sim software/aircraft with high expectations, only to be severely disappointed after a few minutes. There are a few devs out there that I wouldn't even consider buying from again. I was somewhat like you, in that I researched PMDG for months, maybe even a year, before I made my first purchase. I watched countless youtube videos and knew what every switch was before I had even purchased it. The NGX was the most expensive aircraft that I had purchased up until then, and I really wanted to know what I was getting for that amount of money. Well....the rest as we say is history. I can tell you with utmost certainty that the PMDG 747 is in a league of its own. I haven't regretted the purchase for one second. Without sounding like a word not allowed, the aircraft is truly a masterpiece. I cannot wait to see what the -8 brings us.

Edited by MattS
Stupid Autocorrect
  • Upvote 1

Wow!!! My first "word not allowed". And it wasn't even bad! :ha:

Edited by MattS