Sign in to follow this  
eXpress48

Anti Aliasing - Constant Shimmering

2 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Try to create a flight plan in P3D v4 and tell me what happens. When I set fps outside the sim, for some reason I have issues with the flight planner.

Also do you have HT enabled?

I feel that is better to set a locked fps in the sim, then add FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.12  tweak. Performance is good without blurries.

What flight planner issues?

I have HT disabled, didn't see any performance gain using it - this is another confusing subject where there is no definitive answer 😀 but you can see my specs below

I use FFTF Dynamic which helps me with the blurries

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

2 minutes ago, Shomron said:

What flight planner issues?

I have HT disabled, didn't see any performance gain using it - this is another confusing subject where there is no definitive answer 😀 but you can see my specs below

I use FFTF Dynamic which helps me with the blurries

As I stated, if I use the limiter outside the sim, I have issues with planner. Disregard, because apparently you are not having any issues.

I only asked about HT because you mention stutters. Once again, disregard.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

5 minutes ago, kurtb said:

A tutorial would be great 

I learned a long time ago not to reinvent the wheel. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Interesting discussion going on here. I was wondering if 4MSAA + 4SGSS = 4SSAA in sim, in terms of visuals and performance? Or is it better or worse?

9 hours ago, RancidViper said:

Interesting discussion going on here. I was wondering if 4MSAA + 4SGSS = 4SSAA in sim, in terms of visuals and performance? Or is it better or worse?

No they don't, at least not through my screen <I've tried all options and combinations and have always come back to 8xMSAA with 4xSGAA>. My experience with any level of SSAA is that it's just not a practical all weather, day or night, solution when used with dynamic lighting.

On 9/10/2018 at 10:27 PM, FunknNasty said:

No they don't, at least not through my screen <I've tried all options and combinations and have always come back to 8xMSAA with 4xSGAA>. My experience with any level of SSAA is that it's just not a practical all weather, day or night, solution when used with dynamic lighting.

Hey I am a bit confused. You say you use 8x MSAA + 4xSGSS? I thought they have to match.

I have also tried out various SGSS combinations and I was quite surprised with the results.

I have been quite happy using 4xSSAA internally up until recently when flying into a couple of default airports I noticed the horrible jagged edges of the runway. This doesn't seem to be happening for all objects but the default runways certainly stood out.

I then tried 4xMSAA + 4xSGSS in NI, and set 4xMSAA in P3D as well. Voila! Jagged edges were vastly reduced and the whole image looked a lot better. No performance drop!

Then I cranked it up to 4K resolution using DSR, and honestly I thought I was inside the Unreal engine! It was perfection! No jagged edges on the runway, AI traffic looked 10 times better, and guess what, not even a flicker from trees/lights in the distance.

But then, I went into rainy conditions.... And of course my FPS got cut in half, every time I looked at the sky! Looking elsewhere I had decent FPS.

So I guess it honestly comes down to the question of why on earth LM apply anti aliasing to every single cloud! And especially now with REX SF giving us massive weather systems, trying to anti alias every single cloud model must be a full time job for any graphics card!

With high res textures for clouds available now is anti aliasing really needed? Why can't they just remove it so I can have that "unreal" level of immersion? 😁

Hello fellows simmers, any latest updates regarding the shimmering thing .......It's very annoying as you know and I think I lost the connection between the P3D settings V4.5 and Nvidia profile .......any advice will be much appreciated 

Best regards 

Edited by Alaaar

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

My take on the subject.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D