Sign in to follow this  
Faelandaea

Sound Issues

I have the same horrible sound !

Could it be a distortion of the boarding music (wav sampled at xx... problem ??) ?

Edited by daguerreotype

I'd be happy to help test it.  Even my audience in the Live Stream noticed the changing volume of the F/O.  Also, it doesn't seem consistent on the other departments (ground crew, FA, etc.).  Sometimes I do a flight and they seem okay.  Other times, they are so loud it makes my ears bleed, and my Windows Volume is only at 30% LOL

I am at work for the rest of the night.  When i get home I'll also send a support ticket if needed to volunteer to test any fixes you need tested.

Just now, Faelandaea Dravin said:

my Windows Volume is only at 30% 

That might be the problem there.

Windows Master volume should be at 100 percent.

Adjust your speaker volume/ FS2Crew volume knot accordingly.

Erm ... that is absolutely not an option.  Any time I put Windows volume at 100%, everything is blaring loud through my headphones.  I am a headphone user ... not a speaker user.  I know all people who use speakers out there have physical volumes and they keep Windows at 100% and then adjust actual volume however they want, but I have roommates with varying work schedules so out of respect for them i am a headphone user.  All USB headphones are the same ... if you adjust the volume on them, it controls Windows volume.  

Still, though, I find it strange that Windows volume would make some first officer sounds on par and others sound really quiet and barely audible.

And as others have reported, my other FS2Crew planes ... 777, 737, Q400 ... they all work perfectly and do not have this issue.

The random volume jumping is interesting.

We've connected the volume directly to the INT knob as you know on the Capt's Main Audio panel.

Maybe that knob is doing something funky?

At any rate, I'm ready to start testing V1.3.

Maybe it will shake something lose.

V1.3 changes somethings and add some new features based on user requests.

Look for a public annoucement shortly regarding a public beta.

No worries.  And I know I said it before but I want to make it clear I am a huge fan of FS2Crew, and any information or feedback I give here is not meant to be complaining, but rather me as a user helping to help improve the experience for others that may be experiencing the same glitches I do.  I look forward to that beta and hope I can provide feedback then as well.

7 minutes ago, Faelandaea Dravin said:

No worries.  And I know I said it before but I want to make it clear I am a huge fan of FS2Crew, and any information or feedback I give here is not meant to be complaining, but rather me as a user helping to help improve the experience for others that may be experiencing the same glitches I do.  I look forward to that beta and hope I can provide feedback then as well.

I'll let you take the first spin of V1.3.

Send me an email / support ticket.

Cheers,

Same here, just freshly installed, after I finally managed to get the english speech recognition working on my german windows.

The boarding sound is indeed distorted, but also the voice sets themselves sound a bit lower in quality than what I was used to from the NGX or Q400 sets on FSX. But only had a short glimpse so far.

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

For the boarding sound, please send me a Support ticket via: www.fs2crew.com

We're currently testing Version 1.3.  

And since you can reproduce the boarding sound problem, but I can't, we could use you to test.

Cheers,

Hey Bryan, I am afraid I can't be of any help soon. Due to work I'll be available for limited testing at the weekend earliest..

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team