Sign in to follow this  
Faelandaea

Sound Issues

7 hours ago, MatzeH84 said:

Hey Bryan, I am afraid I can't be of any help soon. Due to work I'll be available for limited testing at the weekend earliest..

That's okay... send me a Support Ticket.

I need someone who can reproduce the issue.

Looks good with the new features... However the main concern is still here ! The very same dinosaurs (robotic sound) are still boarding !

Edited by daguerreotype

I think we figured out why some people had weird sound issues.

From a user:

I fiddled around in the realtek hd audio manager and changed the sample rate from the default 24bit 48kHz to 24bit 44.1kHz. Now most audio levels of FS2Crew are more even and not crazy loud. The boarding sound is a lot quieter and doesn’t seem to be distorted any more. So there seems to be a connection to sampling rates.

Unfortunately, I am away from Flight Sim till Tuesday, but i did check and I have that HD audio manager, also.  It was also set to 48,000.

I stream with 48k audio, so I am hoping that my switching this to 44.1 doesn;t jack with my stream quality, but i will see for sure tomorrow when I stream Farm Simulator.  LOL  Thanks for the info.  I'll post tomorrow with my results as far as basic use goes, and next week when i get into the Sim again.

On 14/03/2018 at 3:14 PM, byork said:

I think we figured out why some people had weird sound issues.

From a user:

I fiddled around in the realtek hd audio manager and changed the sample rate from the default 24bit 48kHz to 24bit 44.1kHz. Now most audio levels of FS2Crew are more even and not crazy loud. The boarding sound is a lot quieter and doesn’t seem to be distorted any more. So there seems to be a connection to sampling rates.

ok, I see that. But hey, I will need a technical explanation... Why is this software only, not working with the default sample rate ? Why tjis default sample rate if it is bad ?

It works with the default sample rate, otherwise I'd be hearing about this issue 300 times a day.

FS2Crew Maddog uses the same audio system (Microsoft XACT) that's in every other modern FS2Crew product.

I think the problem is they manually changed their audio settings somehow.