Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

AddonOrganizer 1.30 released

Hello @ll,

the P4AO has been updated to version 1.30.

New in this version is the "Sim-Diff" feature on the "Backup/Restore" tab: with this you can create checkpoints containing basic information about the core simulator files. The app then allows you to compare two of these checkpoints to detect changes to those files (New, Changed, Touched, Deleted).

You would typically use this if you are often installing a lot of legacy content (=from before P3D V4) and are unsure about what happened to your core simulator files if you wanted to remove that content again. Note that this scan doesn't include external addons - I feel that it would just take too much time to scan for example a large assortment of MegaSceneryEarth files, where every scenery folder has close to 100,000 entries.

Please note that these checkpoints are for basic information only (MD5 hash, size, timestamp). You will be notified that something has changed on a file, but not what exactly it is that has been changed.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 7

LORBY-SI

Oliver,

I'd like to thank and commend you again on all your terrific work you've done on behalf of our community!

• Upvote 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

!!Amen to that,  thank you.  Regards.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

Oliver,

Maybe it's something specific to my installation but 1.30 will no longer save any edits to items that are in the APPDATA version of add-ons.cfg. I unclicked the Required checkbox, then Submit , Save and Exit but when I checked the file, nothing was changed for the  entry that was edited. The file modified date was updated however, indicating that it  add-ons.cfg was overwritten.

Jay

12 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Oliver,

Maybe it's something specific to my installation but 1.30 will no longer save any edits to items that are in the APPDATA version of add-ons.cfg. I unclicked the Required checkbox, then Submit , Save and Exit but when I checked the file, nothing was changed for the  entry that was edited. The file modified date was updated however, indicating that it  add-ons.cfg was overwritten.

Jay

Hello Jay,

I'm afraid that I don't really understand - which "items" are you referring to? P4AO doesn't have an option to edit the add-ons.cfg file entires in that manner, save for the doubleclick on the "Packages" tab, that would activate or deactivate an addon package. I can add an edit dialog for packages too, if that is required.

Edit: please check version 1.31 - it has a dialog for setting these parameters on packages directly on the "Packages" tab.

Best regards 

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Not packages, just individual scenery entries like airports. What I'm saying that I edited an airport scenery to make it inactive and it did not update the status in add-on.cfg. The app is running "as Admin".

16 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Not packages, just individual scenery entries like airports. What I'm saying that I edited an airport scenery to make it inactive and it did not update the status in add-on.cfg. The app is running "as Admin".

Hello Jay,

I'm not sure that it ever did that, I would have to check. The issue here is, that the packages in the add-ons.cfg each refer to one specific add-on.xml - which can have any number of different sceneries and other components in it. If I would disable the whole package every time that you disable a single scenery, that would have grave consequences for all those users who have dozens (hundreds) of sceneries in the same add-on.xml.

Since a few versions back, activating and deactivating add-on.xml based scenery is handled by a completely different mechanism in P4AO.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hello Jay,

OH, I see what you mean. When the property is changed in the edit dialog, then it is not saved to disk. Only when a scenery is doubleclicked, activating/deactivating works.

I will fix that in the next version.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

12 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello Jay,

OH, I see what you mean. When the property is changed in the edit dialog, then it is not saved to disk. Only when a scenery is doubleclicked, activating/deactivating works.

I will fix that in the next version.

Best regards

Fixed. Version  1.31 b02 is ready for download.

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

Thanks. A minor issue in a great app.  I only noticed this by accident.