Sign in to follow this  
ricka47

Replacement for Flight Sim Commander

I've been using FSC for years as the combination of a flight planner and a moving map along with other features have made it very useful.  But, with the release of the newest version, (V10), support for P3D has been dropped.  The developer, Volker, has said that he will "think about" P3D support.  But, while that is taking place, I'm not aware of another addon that combines the features of FSC - does anyone else know of one?

Edited by ricka47

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

FSTramp would be a good option, however the developer has decided to charge a "subscription" fee every 18 months or so. I'm not sure what you are subscribing to over an ongoing basis, but as a past user, as good as it is, I passed when I found that information.

David Porrett

Hello 

Like you ... I used FSC for years and years until I discovered ‘Littlenavmap’ and have never looked back ... and it’s completely free!!! 

Superb piece of software 

Paul 

Little Navmap...no question!!

You can find the forum here at AVSIM under the freeware support.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

7 minutes ago, Paul_ said:

Hello 

Like you ... I used FSC for years and years until I discovered ‘Littlenavmap’ and have never looked back ... and it’s completely free!!! 

Superb piece of software 

Paul 

+10
https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap.html

• Upvote 1

I also used FSC exclusively for years. I tried PFPX but never really liked it for some reason. Once I discovered Little NavMap I haven't looked back. It's GREAT!!

...and the price is right!!

Russ

• Upvote 1

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

FSC still works fine in P3D, im using it in v4.2, the ability to create plans for developer aircraft still works, fly to works and 99% of the normal features work, i have found a feature yet that fails or causes CTD

its purely for the fact the developer donest have 64bit and cant provide support if a problem arises as he wont know where to look, that is why they are saying no v4,

from my end i cant tel the difference and it runs every time i have the sim running

Ive got PFPX and hate it, i just want something that creates flight plans for my PMDGs, Busses, and all supported addons, or create flight plans for my helo AP

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

Well, after considering the recommendations on Little NavMap, I agree with the previous posts. Awesome! I had heard about it, but never really looked at it until now.

David Porrett

8 hours ago, jeansy said:

FSC still works fine in P3D, im using it in v4.2, the ability to create plans for developer aircraft still works, fly to works and 99% of the normal features work, i have found a feature yet that fails or causes CTD

its purely for the fact the developer donest have 64bit and cant provide support if a problem arises as he wont know where to look, that is why they are saying no v4,

from my end i cant tel the difference and it runs every time i have the sim running

Ive got PFPX and hate it, i just want something that creates flight plans for my PMDGs, Busses, and all supported addons, or create flight plans for my helo AP

Right - it does work.  You just can't use the Data Base Manager.  But, Little NavMap is certainly worth a try!

Edited by ricka47

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

why cant you use it? Ive used it, it just doesnt find the scenery.cfg on its own without some help, you need to point it to the program data folder

ive complied heaps of flight plans in the past weeks

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

41 minutes ago, jeansy said:

why cant you use it? Ive used it, it just doesnt find the scenery.cfg on its own without some help, you need to point it to the program data folder

ive complied heaps of flight plans in the past weeks

There has been a change in the BGL format in P3D V4 that the Database Manager can't handle - it skips some airports, even in the default scenery. It is only a small number though.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Little NavMap every day and twice on Sundays. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Ha...used to use FSC but being that it doesnt support P3D it's done...VERY bad move not supporting it...ba bye FSC.

spacer.png

Little NavMap installation says that P3 database needs to be deleted, do I want to do that?

Thanks

BJ