Sign in to follow this  
ricka47

Replacement for Flight Sim Commander

Very sad news about FSC, but things should continually evolve, otherwise they dont't survive.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Can littlenavmap "inject" a created FPLN into the sim?

I used this feature a lot when not flying online so that I can still fly with ATC (both FSC and Aivlasoft could do that and change "inject" the FPLN on the fly).

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

Ha...used to use FSC but being that it doesnt support P3D it's done...VERY bad move not supporting it...ba bye FSC.

Probably a simple business decision. Sales figures these days often don't warrant the cost for redesign and reimplementation. Especially when there is popular freeware in the same segment.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

43 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Probably a simple business decision. Sales figures these days often don't warrant the cost for redesign and reimplementation. Especially when there is popular freeware in the same segment.

Best regards

Maybe but I wasnt looking for this free one until today...was using SimBrief.

spacer.png

Combination of Simbrief for the flight planning and Aivlasoft EFB does the trick for me. I also use SkyVector to make the flight plan myself, it's part of the fun, import it into SimBrief to create the dispatch documents and compute fuel calculations, and(or simply copy it directly into EFB to follow my flight on a separate computer. EFB injects the flight plans into P3D and a number of add-ons. I own and used PFPX for a while and dropped it, I found Simbrief better and faster for my needs.

Edited by Jean-Claude

8 minutes ago, Jean-Claude said:

EFB injects the flight plans into P3D and a number of add-ons.

I have EFB and was not aware of this...how to do please brother?

spacer.png

I only had the trial of both FSC and Aivlasoft EFB. With FSC after FPLN creation you can choose to export to P3D. Something similar was in Aivlasoft EFB (your sim must be running though).

Nice was that changes were exported "on the fly" so you didn't have to exit the scenario.

My Q above was if the LittleNavMap has a similar functionality? Anybody?

Edited by GEKtheReaper

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Little NavMap installation says that P3 database needs to be deleted, do I want to do that? Risk?

Thanks

BJ

I didn't delete any database with Little NavMap.  I think that is referring to updating the program itself.  You don't delete anything within P3D.  

I've only had this for a few hours.  But, it's a much cleaner interface than FSC and has all of the same functions.  This one may replace FSC!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

2 hours ago, Boomer said:

I have EFB and was not aware of this...how to do please brother?

Chris, this is very simple, first if you use EFB display on a separate computer, make sure you start the DataProvider on your flight sim PC so as to ensure the 2 PC communicate, then make your flight plan the way you prefer into the EFB Display on the Route Setup page, click on SAVE (button on top right corner of the screen), it will open a window in which you have a list of flight simulators (P3D being one of them) and add-ons such as PMDG and many more (you will have to "map" the path to the correct folders the first time you use that) and click on SAVE at the bottom right of that window, you are done, your flight plans are saved in P3D and your selected add-ons. Note that you do NOT need to have P3D running.

2 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Something similar was in Aivlasoft EFB (your sim must be running though).

Not necessary Gerald, you must only start Aivlasoft EFB DataProvider!

Edited by Jean-Claude
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, jeansy said:

FSC still works fine in P3D, im using it in v4.2, the ability to create plans for developer aircraft still works, fly to works and 99% of the normal features work, i have found a feature yet that fails or causes CTD

its purely for the fact the developer donest have 64bit and cant provide support if a problem arises as he wont know where to look, that is why they are saying no v4,

from my end i cant tel the difference and it runs every time i have the sim running

Ive got PFPX and hate it, i just want something that creates flight plans for my PMDGs, Busses, and all supported addons, or create flight plans for my helo AP

Same here - FSC works fine on a network setup w/ P3DV4.1. I guess if something goes wrong requiring support, it's lights out for FSC with P3DV4. 

Thanks Rick, got it installed now need to learn how to export fp for fsl a320 and the new maddog.

Best

19 hours ago, ricka47 said:

I'm not aware of another addon that combines the features of FSC - does anyone else know of one?

I was in the same position, using FSC for a many years ... it was fast, easy, open, and got to the point with minimal fuss.  I ended up replacing it with two products "Little NavMap" (free but highly recommend a donation if you use it) and "Foreflight" (expensive but good for real world flights also) ... both support P3D and XP11 and can run in "Network" situations.

Volker is a very nice gentleman, more than a few times he took the time to resolve issues I was having with P3D.  Unfortunately he's not been able to work with the new BGL format in P3D V4.x ... many airports (especially the more recent ones that are compiled with P3D V4.x SDK) would stall the Database Manager and/or would not show correctly in FSC map.  You can still use it, but you'll have to manually edit the .fsc file and remove references to those problematic airports it can't handle (a list that is getting longer daily) ... leaving you with older airport layouts.

Cheers, Rob.

Right Rob - that is the issue for me.  FSC is working OK now.  But, the fact that the database needs to manually edited and the fact that it appears that it won't be updated further makes me more inclined to move to Little NavMap.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Little Nav Map will not show the active VATSIM control zones or FIRs.  There are functions that allow you to see parts of FIRs or Centers but nothing that outlines the entire "CENTER"

\The menu bar has ICAO, FIR, MOA's, Ctrs buttons but they do not/are not active or show with VATSIM.  This is one feature that I use with FSC that is valuable to me and one of the reasons I keep using FSC even with P3Dv5.

I also notice that with the current update to version 5.12.5 the taxiway markings are totally out of whack.  Do not match most current addon's for airports.

I do like the eye candy for LittleNavMap.

Steve Wagner