Sign in to follow this  
torium

Live Stream - Jordan King (28th February)

When did FSX add Live Weather.  Was it there out of the box or did it take awhile to add?  Heck, it's no longer supported in the base game without a 3rd party addon.

Edited by theohall65

MSFS first added real world weather in the 2000 version, according to Wikipedia

Barry Friedman

12 hours ago, steve310002 said:

I think it is great that Dovetail are continuously updating FSW but the length of time it is taking concerns me. At this rate the product will be dead before it even gets going which would be a shame. With not a single jet, no live weather, unfinished scenery, and considerable associated bugs, they have a long way to go before they can call it a fully fledged base package (which it needs to be to compete).

I am big fan of what Dovetail plan to achieve and think Trusky has so much potential but in my opinion, it would have been better to have achieved some of these things before early access and certainly before release. Hopefully they provide some serious updates soon.

I totally agree with this. Concerns me as well.  

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

22 hours ago, steve310002 said:

I think it is great that Dovetail are continuously updating FSW but the length of time it is taking concerns me.

I think that this is as a consequence of doing the development out in the open. Other sims are generally developed in closed betas and only released to the public when actually finished so much of the (long) development time is hidden.

• Upvote 1

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I think it's a consequence of having a small team developing it. The money is not there for a bigger team.

It's kind of a catch 22. The sales rate is not high enough to provide increased profits to be able to hire more which causes it's development to drag which causes it's slow sales rate.

It's unfortunate because the features that are there shine and it has great potential. Until it's feature set increases and a lot more 3rd parties embrace it , it's sales will not pick up hugely which leaves them fighting an uphill battle.

• Upvote 3

James

On 2/27/2018 at 0:21 PM, FlyBaby said:

I am also anxious to know what’s next.

However, being a developer and working in the field for almost 2 decades, I can certainly understand the long periods of silence.

A Dev can be trying something new that just is not working (performance issues, clashes with existing features that require a total revamp of such feature etc.), so why announce something that may not happen and then have to deal with the backlash when you can’t deliver, or can’t deliver in certain time frame?

Then there is scaling down the original scope of features do to the above and other reasons. So again, keeping quiet about these things is the proper thing to do before knowing if it is really going to work, and work well.

Not to mention the time it takes implement and improve upon features (like TrueSky) that you have announced and released.

As I said before, DTG is teaching a very old dog new tricks. Its not just a matter of making Rover…roll over. Its making Rover do backwards flips while catching a Frisbee in his mouth and then landing on one paw. That’s gonna take some time.

This post wins this thread. But I'll add teaching Rover not to land on the new puppies after catching the Frisbee in there as well. 

Edited by MDFlier
  • Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440