Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

FlyTampa-Midway in v4!

I am thinking of buying this airport as for me it links CYYZ-Midway- KMSP

I see it's got a patch for v4, I don't expect it to be as amazing as there new work, but what's it like?

Looks and FPS wise?

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have and it works well in 4.2 and looks nice as well.  My specs look similar to yours, so you should be OK.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I like it, looks good (let’s be honest - even FlyTampa’s older stuff generally looks really good) and it’s a fun airport to fly into with short runways and little margin for error.  

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Thanks guys sounds good.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Does it have moving jetways?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Good airport to use the soon to be updated CRJ into.

Eric 

SWA hub... great airport, great scenery... Good airport to use PMDG 737.

i do typically get 2-3 five second pauses on approach there... just figure it’s due to FT-KMDW, FSDT-KORD, and Orbx Meigs being in such close proximity.

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

FlyTampa Midway works well. Drzewicki Designs (spelling) has a Chicago and area airports in the works that I expect will be a cleaner/newer version (as well as a lot of other surrounding airports). May not be a lot better thanm FlyTampa, but it’s something out there. 

Eric Szczesniak

MDW is my home airport, so naturally, this was the first scenery I purchased back in 2016.  It works well in 4.2 as long as you apply the patch. 

Welcome to Chicago.

Works well for me. Busiest square mile on earth.

Amazes me the traffic density at that little airport, short runways surrounded by residential areas. Pray not but any accident-incident there would be catastrophic. Just no room for error.

Vic green

It installs and works great in P3d V4.2 but as other have said, one needs to download the patch and install that also. Performance is on the low side, maybe one of the bottom two or three airports that I have installed. But that makes sense. The airport has a lot of AI traffic and it's located in the densely populated urban area with tons of urban autogen and AI freeway traffic. I have DD NYC Airports and although they are nice, the Fly Tampa products in general are a bit better IMO. Of the "biggies" I'd go:

Flightbeam>FSDT>FlyTampa>LatinVFR>DD>Aerosoft

but the differences in both quality and performance are not all that great within that complete spectrum. All those developers have the same tools and techniques at their disposal and each sticks to a pretty high standard, unlike the add-on aircraft side of things where there is a wide range in quality,with airports the differences lie in the quality of support and how often the developer updates the airport to keep things synced with the real world. With that as a yardstick, one might drop FlyTampa a bit down the list.

Edited by jabloomf1230

FlyTampa KBOS moved them up in the hierarchy in my opinion.  Extremely well done.