Sign in to follow this  
Tims Sim

Remote Panels

Hi,

I'd like to get rid of the VOXATC menu in the sim window and have the panels show on a different (client) PC.

I have downloaded the remote panels and they open up on the client PC no problem. I have VOXATC server on the flightsim PC and have a good network connection with no firewall problems.

I cannot get the panels to work on the client PC, they are not connecting to VOXATC server.

I am sure I am missing a very obvious step but need help to get this set up please.

I do not wish to have VOXATC on a client PC, just the panels.

Any and all help gratefully received.

Regards

Dave

Edited by Tims Sim

Hi Dave,

When you download and install the remote panel from Voxatc website, you will find the Voxatc Proxy app in the program menu where you also find the Voxatc Panel Application. When the proxy app is not running, Voxatc can not comunicate with the remote panel.

Regards

Jürgen 

Hi Jürgen,

Could you please kindly give me a step by step to setting up the remote panels. I feel like it should be easy but I cannot get them to work.

I used the proxy app. All options are green except one which is red, it says that the VOXATC server is not running. If I run VOXATC server instead of VOXATC on the flight sim machine, it makes no difference.

There are no firewall, network or antivirus issues.

I have VOXATC on the flight sim PC and remote panels with the proxy app on a client PC.

Any and all guidance gratefully received.

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave,

I did it with the netserver and without the proxy. If you run the net server, the Proxy should not be running but  you have to run the Net Client Firewall Setup on the Simulator Pc once.

I got it running with FSX. Now i tried it in my Homecockpit with P3D V4.1 and nothing is working, also not working in a non network setup...

Have you got an error-message? You can create a log-file by checking the option in the advanced settings of Voxatc and then click the save button. Can you tell me what the log-file says?

Regards

Jürgen

Thanks again Jürgen.

I will set up the log file creation.

I do not get an error message. VOXATC works well when used on the flight sim PC, apart from it insists on vectoring me even when I check the do not vector me box!

I too have a home cockpit, a 737 hence wanting to get rid of the window from the P3D screens.

Regards

Dave

Hi,

Just to let you know I am trying to fix a sound problem that is affecting VOXATC, until I do I cannot address the remote panel problem. Once fixed I'll report back about the panels.

Regards

Dave

Hi,

I have now fixed the sound problem.

I will try to get the remote panels working this weekend. To help me could someone kindly tell me which programmes should be running on which PC? I have a main flight sim PC with VOXATC on it and a client PC with the remote panels on it. I have also installed VOXATC server on the flightsim PC.

I would like to keep the voices on the flightsim PC and simply have the remote panels on the client PC, if this is possible.

I will initiate the logging.

Thanks VERY much.

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave,

normaly it should be enough to run the proxy on the client machine where you also want to have the panels displayed and Voxatc on the Sim-Pc. If you want to try it with the Voxnetserver on the same machine where the Sim is running, then start Voxatc and the Netserver on the Sim-Pc. Then start the Remote Panel Program on the client. When the panel on the client-pc has connected to the Netserver, the red bar changes to green.

Make sure that the Sim-pc can connect to the client-pc and vise versa. Check if you can open folders with windows-explorer on the other machines.

Regards

Jürgen

Thanks again Jürgen.

My network is all okay, i.e. no firewall/sharing issues etc.

I'll report back once I've tried again over the weekend.

Regards

Dave

Hi

Still no progress here. I am getting an error saying that the server is not running, but it is. I even get this on the sim PC where VOXATC is installed.

There are definitely no network issues, I will keep investigating.

I have tried running VOXATC server and VOXATC on the fligtsim PC with the proxy on the client. I will try the proxy on the flightsim PC.

Onwards and upwards.

Dave

If you run the Netserver then do not run the Proxy! The proxy is only needed when you want to run the remote panels without the net server.