Sign in to follow this  
Pablo30

LOST ADD-ON SCENERY UNDERGROUND AIRPORTS

I got a new computer. (I had windows 7, on the old one) Windows 10(new) installed. When I installed FSX-SE every thing seemed ok. But when I tried to install an add-on location, I couldnt find "add-on scenery" in the folder it wasn't there. Any ideas? I also have an problem with some of my airports (KPSP) the aircraft are underground. I do have a lot of ORBX addons.

I have tried the "verify integrity of game" in Steam, still no ADD-ON SCENERY IN FILE.

Any ideas? Please help i'm 75 tomorrow, and miss using FSX-SE

Thanks, Paul

I don't have SE so I can't help you with your missing addon scenery folder, but with regard to the aircraft being underground this is almost certainly due to duplicate AFCAD files for the airports in question. You say you have lots of Orbx addons and the Orbx regional scenery areas in particular include a lot of airport enhancements for which individual airport AFCAD files are installed and these could be causing your problem. If you then install another addon version of that airport you may find you get elevation problems as a result of duplicate AFCAD files which can result in aircraft appearing to be underground.

The Orbx AFCAD files tend to be in the format ADE_FTX_.......XXXX_airport name.BGL (where XXXX is the ICAO code for the airport) and if you disable those by renaming the BGL extension to something like OFF then that might help your problem. If there are any similar files for the airport ending in CVX.BGL then you should also disable these. Do not delete any of them though in case you need to reactivate them!

Bill

• Upvote 1

If you have FTX Vector, ensure you run the elevation tool. Check any other third party mesh addons you may have. Disable any duplicate AFCADs for any third party AI addon like MyTrafficX. As for the missing addon scenery folder, hmmm, that should sort itself once you run verify integrity. I can't offer any further info on that as I only used SE for a few weeks before uninstalling it. Perhaps someone else can offer some advice.

• Upvote 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Thanks Bill and Howard. Things have been put on hold. My new computer has to be returned to the manufacturer.

Hope things are better when your computer is sorted. If not just come back to us on here.

BTW hope you had a good birthday!

Bill

• Upvote 1