Sign in to follow this  
beep747

Landing gear horn

Hi all, 

When I activate the slats in descend on approach, the landing gear warning sounds. Pushing the warning horn button to stop the alarm, doesn’t cut the sound. It keeps on reappearing which is quite disturbing when preparing to land. 

Is this a bug or am I missing something? 

Jos

5 minutes ago, beep747 said:

Hi all, 

When I activate the slats in descend on approach, the landing gear warning sounds. Pushing the warning horn button to stop the alarm, doesn’t cut the sound. It keeps on reappearing which is quite disturbing when preparing to land. 

Is this a bug or am I missing something? 

Jos

+1

If speed is less than 210 IAS and throttles are idle, you will hear this. Increasing thrust will mitigate this (party favor: it will warn you again  once you idle the thrust levers)

• Upvote 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

If you go to the load manager/setup you will find a list of sounds and a tool to select the loudness of each sound. I found her and resisted the temptation to strangle her completely but left her at a whisper. She does have an important function, she just can do it without screaming :)

• Upvote 4

Yes, hm ... strangling 😊 when landing In a snowstorm and this voice screaming “landing gear” ... it seemes a good idea. 

But then, the push button for silencing that horrid sound doesn’t work? 

Jos

Someone suggested cycling the Parking Brake as the Gear Horn silence.  Give it a shot.  I'm away from my computer to do so.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

According to my company's MD-80 operating manual if the radio altimeter is working the landing gear warning is inhibited above 1000 feet agl. It would be great for my, and probably your, sanity if they would add this to the Maddog. 

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

To prevent this, my workflow is this:

During approach, below 5.000 ft AGL i switch off the autothrottle and manually advance the throttle is a way that i always have at least 1.10 EPR.

This way the sound will not appear.

regards,

Ben

2 hours ago, Bentree_ said:

To prevent this, my workflow is this:

During approach, below 5.000 ft AGL i switch off the autothrottle and manually advance the throttle is a way that i always have at least 1.10 EPR.

This way the sound will not appear.

regards,

Ben

Err, isn't that allowing the tail to wag the dog? :)

Just joking....

I can confirm if you have a button set as the parking break a simple press of that button will silence the horn.  It won't set the parking break. Im thinking this has been programmed to recognize in the air the command to set parking brake means silence the gear horn. Hope this helps peeps. No reason to go crazy trying to find a work around that will weaken a link in the accident chain. Or Swiss cheese model. Whichever is your preference.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

On 3/14/2018 at 11:14 AM, Ralgh said:

According to my company's MD-80 operating manual if the radio altimeter is working the landing gear warning is inhibited above 1000 feet agl. It would be great for my, and probably your, sanity if they would add this to the Maddog. 

Believe me.  We argued this fact to the programmer.  To his defence the original 80's were like how it currently is.  What you are referencing is a later addon.