Sign in to follow this  
Corrie

Airport Scenery problem Windows 10

I am having trouble installing airport scenery in FSX-SE

The airport is in the folder Addon Scenery, Scenery folder.

Mine is. Program Files(x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\Scenery\egff_upd

I Start FXS-SE, go to Settings, Scenery Library, Add Area.

I now go to “Look in” and scroll down to FSX.

Click on Addon Scenery. This brings up 2 Folders. Scenery and Texture.

This is where I get confused. What do I put in Directory, And Scenery Area Title ?

After several attempts and blank lines numbered 1 and 2 at the top of the scenery area I have given up for now.

I have installed Airports before, but have forgotten how.

I am using Windows 10 that was Re-Installed while keeping my Documents, after an update disaster.

Steam was also Re-Installed.

The result was I lost all my addon airports and aircraft.

I have followed several online advice links without success.

I previously had both FSX & FSX-SE but only the one now.

Note: My Steam addons are working OK

Thank you for reading this. Hope someone can help.

Corrie

I would have not placed the egff_upd folder into AddonScenery\Scenery, instead just into AddonScenery folder.  Then starting your Sim and going to the Scenery Library...hit Add Area, Look in "AddonScenery" to see the egff_upd folder, clicking on that folder should reveal a texture and a scenery folder.  Now left click anywhere inside the white area of that box to add egff_upd to your list of scenery in your library.

Edited by charliearon

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thank you Charlie

EGFF Cardiff is now at the top of the list now, but the airport is not as it was.

I will try anotherone tomorrow.

Corrie

In the Addon Scenery folder you have the Scenery and Textures folder.  Most of the time you can just put everything into the scenery folder, no directory needed.  You can throw all of your scenery into the scenery folder but it will get messy if you do as you will soon forget what files were for what airport or scenery.  I always left the Addon_Scenery\Scenery and \Textures folders empty as it made it difficult to move them higher or lower in the folder.  Best thing to do is to make a new folder anywhere on your computer and name it the name of the airport such as for EGFF.  Under EGFF, created a Scenery and Texture folder.  Move all the scenery (i.e., .bgl) into EGFF\Scenery folder then go to the SceneryConfigEditor and link it.  Most of the time the Texture will be left empty but FSX usually requires it anyway for each scenery.  Of course, if the scenery has its own textures, they would go in the texture folder.  If you do not have the SceneryConfigEditor, go download it as it will make it much easier to add things and move them up and down in the Library - https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi 

Some airports will load. But with others, I get the message "No Items match your search" in the Scenery Library, Add Area.

Is it possible some FSX Scenery (airports) will not work in FSX-SE ?

I got them from "Flyaway Simulation" and have used them before on other PCs, Including this one.

This is Windows 10 which had to be Re-Installed. Keeping my files, but not applications.

Note:  Cardiff EGFF loaded but all of the Terminal building are missing, It used to be Very good.

Corrie

47 minutes ago, Corrie said:

Note:  Cardiff EGFF loaded but all of the Terminal building are missing, It used to be Very good.

Corrie

If terminal buildings/jetways, etc are missing, make sure your Scenery Complexity slider in your Settings is all the way right.  I found this Cardiff Download at Flightsim.com site.  It's from 2010.  If you are looking for anything better, you will have to look for a payware product.

Cardiff.jpg

Edited by charliearon

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thank you Charlie. The Slide was only half way. Cardiff is better now. Will compare it with the one you found, on my Win7 PC.

I do have three Payware Airports downloaded from Steam. They are fine. Paris Orly, Inverness, & Ben Gurion.

I base my flights at Paris Orly. ( I am in UK)

I need to find the other problem now. "No Items match your search" in the Scenery Library, Add Area.

I haven't had time to look at your Video yet. Will do it now.

Corrie