Sign in to follow this  
stuart612

How to select an altitude in 100 feet increments?

Hi,

Just wondering how to select altitudes in 100 ft increments. 0000-1000 feet is fine, but twisting the alt knob on the MCP goes in 1000 ft increments for altitudes greater than 1000 feet.   No good if I want to fly at 4500 feet, for example.

Any ideas?

thank you also from my side for the tip. not a very comfortable solution when on approach with heavy workload. Better solutions by other developers. But okay it is  how it is.

Peter

• Upvote 1

just like the classic maddog, you can place the cursor on the alt dial--while press down on the middle mouse wheel--spin it to change alt by the 100s. 

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

15 hours ago, PS74 said:

thank you also from my side for the tip. not a very comfortable solution when on approach with heavy workload. Better solutions by other developers. But okay it is  how it is.

Peter

It's not very "comfortable" but this is how the real aircrafts Alt knob works.  To get 100s you need to depress (Tab) the button and rotate.  Otherwise you get 1000s.  Likewise with the heading, speed bug, and course selection and depressing the button and rotating allows for faster selection of a value while just normal rotation is fine tuning.  It's these things that make flying the Mad Dog a unique experience.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries