Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Any ideas?

Just starting today, I’ve been having a problem with P3D 4.2. Basically what happens is I’m flying in the PMDG 777 and all of a sudden, it freezes except it doesn’t freeze. I can still interact with the plane, like switch views, push buttons, etc but the plane is unresponsive to flight controls, even though the animations for the flight controls still work and display. The addon menu is also unclickable, they all show up in the list but when I click on them they do nothing. Any ideas?

• Upvote 1

Have you tried toggling alt enter a few times? Anything in the event viewer?Try toggling the "P" key too.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

2 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Have you tried toggling alt enter a few times? Anything in the event viewer?Try toggling the "P" key too.

Vic

Nothing in the event viewer, I’ll try toggling the keys.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, n99wb said:

Try a different USB port for you controller.

Nothing’s plugged in when this happens, I only plugged it in when vPilot said it froze and I wanted to test it.

If you wait about 10 minutes - does it come back? There was an 8 minute pause that would occasionally plague P3d/FSX a while back related to graphics driver issues.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

9 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

If you wait about 10 minutes - does it come back? There was an 8 minute pause that would occasionally plague P3d/FSX a while back related to graphics driver issues.

Vic

Not from what I have seen. I left my sim running overnight for a long haul, had a TOD present and pause at TOD enabled, and when I woke up I was bouncing along the ocean out of fuel so I don’t think it comes back when it happens.

It’s looking like this may be isolated to the 777, I did a 737 flight a couple of days ago with no issues and a few minutes in the 747 and the issue was no where to be found. I did recently update SODE to 1.6.1 and install GBYD Banjul, anyone know of any issues related to these 2 things?

Nevermind, same issue with the 747. Anyone have any other ideas for troubleshooting?