Sign in to follow this  
TxCowboy

Guide or steps for ATC procedures

Pilot2ATC is working very well however my main problem is I don't know what the process is 1) call for clearance, 2) call for taxi, 3)??????  Even though I try to use the grammar help, I just can't find what my next step is and then if I start my flight and am out of sequence, ATC won't follow me and give me directions. There's a sort of step by step on page 110 of the manual, but is there any where that may have the steps needed from start to end?

Try command "cheat sheet" listed in box above.  Dave also some short videos on site and/or Youtube with flight examples.

Thanks. I've watched over a dozen videos and I know kind of the steps are, but I think new people to P2A's biggest problem is what do first, second, third, etc. Probably because the standard ATC products always lead you to the next step by prompting you a question to answer and therefore you don't actually pay attention or remember what steps need to be taken. 

When starting out with Pilot2ATC, it is recommended you have the CoPilot Respond to Radio calls.  That will lighten the workload on the pilot and more importantly, give you a chance to get used to the flows.

So, assuming you have the FO/Copilot handle radio responses, there are only a few you will need to initiate yourself.  The phrases are available in SayIt or Grammar Helper or in the Speech Cheat Sheet.

IFR Flight

1. Request IFR Clearance
  2. Request pushback and engine start if you are an Airliner at a gate
  3. Request Taxi
  4. Request Takeoff
  5. FO handles frequency changes and initial contacts and all read-backs.  So no radio work for you until you're on final
  6. Report established on Final for ILS or other approach
  7. Report when clear of runway

Obviously this is only if all goes correctly and there are an infinite number of possible variations, but this should get you through enough flights that you get comfortable making the calls and responses yourself.

Hope this helps.

Dave

So I'm really stuck here. 3 times now I've been ok up until I get clearence for takeoff. I get "Cessna 1VB cleared for takeoff runway 16". My co-pilot replies, then that's the last I hear from P2A. I've tried switching frequencies and P2A tells me to go back to tower. 

What am I missing?

1 hour ago, TxCowboy said:

So I'm really stuck here. 3 times now I've been ok up until I get clearence for takeoff. I get "Cessna 1VB cleared for takeoff runway 16". My co-pilot replies, then that's the last I hear from P2A. I've tried switching frequencies and P2A tells me to go back to tower. 

What am I missing?

Maybe just a bit of patience. It might be 5 to 10 minutes before you get handed off to departure after take off. 

This is happening to me also since the update, if I switch frequencies manually the only response I get is to be told to tune in to the departure tower even though I am 10 miles from destination airport, I cannot get the usual 'we have you on radar', etc.

I'm working on this problem.  It has happened to several users.  Once I duplicate it and fix it, I'll put out another HOT FIX.

Thanks for your patience.

Dave

yeap, having the same issue.

tower doesn't switch me to departure.

and after landing, i hear all the delayed, "stayed-in-memory-like" radio instructions.

http://www.filedropper.com/p2a2018tracefile9

(click the "gray" "download this file" button, not the green download now)

Edited by jazzjw
added a link of log file

Hi Dave. Along these lines, I think, not sure, that after I downloaded .6 version when copilot is selected, he will respond to the radio calls, but will not change freqs. I cannot change the freqs in P2A, nothing happens when you try to transfer the backup to active, but when I change them in the sim (XP11.11), they change in P2A. Have not seen this in previous 2 versions. Thanks.

This is not a P2A version issue.

Some aircraft do not allow outside programs to change their frequencies.  For those aircraft, you have to make the frequency changes in the cockpit.  As a result, the Copilot cannot change the frequencies either.  However, after you manually change frequencies, the copilot can give the proper response, if there is one.

Dave

Thanks for the update Dave. FYI, the plane was the new Toliss A319. I will post a suggestion on their forum to change it as this is the first plane I have experienced this.

I just gave up on a flight from the same issues. No word from the tower and no response on departure freq. I've been clicking on the 'say it' button but is there a way for my FO to respond without me doing anything? I tried to find that option in config, but didn't see it. I'll keep working on it but sometimes it seems like the freq. changes and other times it doesn't. I've been flying the DDen C300. Creating the flight plans in your app and loading in FMS. Seems to work load fine. Only issue is loss of communications after take off. No handoff to departure.