Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Settings for AS and Sky Force

I finally bought Sky Force to use with Active Sky.  I installed everything correctly and turned off the weather engine in Sky Force.  I load AS first, load in my flight plan, and then SF.  I've noticed that the weather in the few flights I did was slightly off so I was wondering if there are recommended settings that I need to make sure are on or off within either application to ensure things are running correctly.  For example, flying out of IAD on Saturday called for rain, overcast skies and 3 mile visibility.  I had no rain, good visibility and broken clouds.  Flying into JFK a day earlier, I had gusty winds coming out of the opposite direction that the METAR was telling me.  I was supposed to have low visibility and rain but I didn't get this.  My guess is that there is something conflicting between the two but I can't figure out what.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

I would recommend reading through this:

Easiest to do ;)

And really!! make sure that is says "disabled" next to the weather engine of rex :).. no disconnected!

Edited by Victoroos

Victor Roos

22 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

I would recommend reading through this:

Easiest to do ;)

And really!! make sure that is says "disabled" next to the weather engine of rex :).. no disconnected!

Thanks.  Do you know for the following scenario if you need to do this every flight or if you only need to change / disable it once and than forget it until you want to change it back?

REX Sky Force 3D and Active Sky
1. Start REX Sky Force 3D
2. Go to Global Settings > Engine and disable all options on that page to disable the REX Sky Force 3D weather engine
3. Set all other options to your liking
4. Install all the textures you want

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Although sometims (in my case almost all the time) SF's weather engine does not become "disabled" even when you turn it on and off again.

Ahmet Can

Keep in mind there's also a new patch/hotfix in the works for sky force.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

1 hour ago, Gridley said:

Keep in mind there's also a new patch/hotfix in the works for sky force.

yes, IN the works.

1 hour ago, Zimmerbz said:

Thanks.  Do you know for the following scenario if you need to do this every flight or if you only need to change / disable it once and than forget it until you want to change it back?

REX Sky Force 3D and Active Sky
1. Start REX Sky Force 3D
2. Go to Global Settings > Engine and disable all options on that page to disable the REX Sky Force 3D weather engine
3. Set all other options to your liking
4. Install all the textures you want

Yeah, you kinda do I'm afraid :S.

Especially the 2. step!

Victor Roos

30 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

yes, IN the works.

Especially the 2. step!

Ok.. That must be my issue.  Thanks!  Any in app settings within AS that you might suggest to make things run/look good?

As long as you have the SF3D WX engine turned off, you don't need to do that much.  Open AS, open SF.....done!

It sounds like you had the SF3D WX engine on as it will not at the moment give you the correct weather in the sim.  

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

8 hours ago, Victoroos said:

yes, IN the works.

Especially the 2. step!

Can anything be left enables or does it all have to be disabled?

33 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Can anything be left enables or does it all have to be disabled?

Only the weather engine stuff must be disabled if you're using ASP4 for that.

7pT5HNT.jpg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

15 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

Ok.. That must be my issue.  Thanks!  Any in app settings within AS that you might suggest to make things run/look good?

Yes, if you fly high, I,ve found I can run cloud layers at 10, min cloud draw 140  nm and max cloud draw 170 nm.

Also untick the 7/8 option.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

10 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Yes, if you fly high, I,ve found I can run cloud layers at 10, min cloud draw 140  nm and max cloud draw 170 nm.

Also untick the 7/8 option.

That's in the AS settings, right?

6 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

That's in the AS settings, right?

Yes

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip