Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gridley

Toronto scenery recommendations P3Dv4.2?

I'm looking for free or payware Toronto city, CYYZ and CYTZ.  For the airports I'm leaning towards FlyTampa's CYYZ and FSimStudios' CYTZ.  Any opinions?  Anything known to be indevelopment?  TIA!

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

I installed FlyTampa's CYYZ last night it's stunning. Highly recommended.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I installed FlyTampa's CYYZ last night it's stunning. Highly recommended.

+1 

I own CYYC and CYOW from FSimstudio they are not FlyTampa's quality but they do the job pretty well. I'm looking to buy CYTZ as well it's aperfect airport for the Q400 and not hard on FPS.

CYQT options for P3Dv4?

(Excellent thread)

spacer.png

I believe all of ralph’s stuff (simaddons) is p3d compatible.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

11 minutes ago, Alexandre6463 said:

I hope they will uptade it.

Why don`t you try it. How is the installer? Can you specify the folder location of your sim? If can add in any folder, Create one. Than, you just might copy everything to the specific folder on the sim.

My%20Signature.jpg

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

Yep, got it, but no word on v4 compatibility...

It is.

5 hours ago, Gridley said:

I'm looking for free or payware Toronto city, CYYZ and CYTZ.  For the airports I'm leaning towards FlyTampa's CYYZ and FSimStudios' CYTZ.  Any opinions?  Anything known to be indevelopment?  TIA!

If you buy Simaddons CA2C package, you get CYTZ along with the city of Toronto, and you also get CYOW, CYRO, CYXE, CYHM, CYWG, and CYQT.

I have the package and recommend it.  CYOW is pretty darn close, and CYRO is where I got my ticket many, many moons ago!

Billy Bishop (CYTZ) is not far off either.

FlyTampa CYYZ is very good too, as is CYUL.

(all airports I’ve been in and out of)

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Fly Tampa's CYYZ is excellent, I do not think there would be anything better. I had wished they could have done more with the scenery around the airport but Toronto is hard on framerates to begin with so I understand they did the most they could.

I have Simaddons's CYTZ and it is ok, but the best version I have found is actually by CanadaSim. He did the best job on the cityscape for downtown Toronto that I have seen, and because of Billy Bishop's location it adds a lot to the immersion, especially on a night flight. Unfortunately, it doesn't say it has a v4 installer, but I have it working fine in 4.2.

Dan Scott

Great discussion everyone - THANKS!

Netshadoe, thanks for the simaddons pointer. 

33 minutes ago, Cognita said:

...the best version I have found is actually by CanadaSim. He did the best job on the cityscape for downtown Toronto that I have seen, and because of Billy Bishop's location it adds a lot to the immersion, especially on a night flight. Unfortunately, it doesn't say it has a v4 installer, but I have it working fine in 4.2.

Thanks for this tip - that looks pretty good and price is right!  Any tricks to get it into 4.2 or just point the installer in the right direction? 

So FlyTampa seems to be the hands-down favorite for CYYZ.

It's SimAddons CA2C pack for $75 euros, or CanadaSim's CYTZ and city for $15 euros...are the other airports worth the $60 euros?  For me, maybe not...

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

FlyTampa is the best there is in terms of visual quality, but it's one of the worst performing sceneries I own. Fly there in the FSL A320X at dusk with snow, and be ready to have your frames fluctuating between low 20s and high teens... 

Enrique Vaamonde

I thought I would just drop this in here

:biggrin:

That is a pretty cool video!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.