Sign in to follow this  
jasonstory44

FSDT sceneries Prepar3d v4.2

I'm doing a brand new install of 4.2. I own all the FSDT scenery and GSX though haven't used many of the airports in ages. 

I was wondering what airports you guys thought were worth still installing?  Any airports that should be installed with modifications?  Any just too outdated?

i hate the add on manager. 

Many suggestions or advice welcome

Thanks, Jason

Probably dated but informative nonetheless:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15592.0.html

Be sure to grab the updated installers from the FSDT website.

Last I heard is that Umberto is working on updating some of the older sceneries, timelines to be advised though.

There's also an update out for SODE here : https://sode.12bpilot.ch/

Hope this helps, kind regards

Edit: Forgot to add that all FSDT sceneries and addons use the XML-addon method so there's no need to install to the SIM's root directory anymore. Saves you the hassle of having to reinstall if you ever need to reinstall your SIM for any reason. Just be sure to point the first installation to a directory/location of your choice, subsequent installs will find this path automatically.

Edited by Tokitaumelie
More Information
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, jasonstory44 said:

I was wondering what airports you guys thought were worth still installing?

I agree with Tokitaumelie.  Even the dated ones are usually the only payware option available.  My core must-have FSDT are KIAH KDFW KLAS KLAX and KORD but I have all of them.  KMEM and KSDF are important for trash haulers.  I like flying to the islands to those, even though they are probably the oldest, are still important to me.

Dan Downs KCRP