Sign in to follow this  
Cat_Dad

Visual Glideslopes

Does the visual glide slopes work in X-Plane 11..20VR5?  I see four white only lights at the end of the runway and they never change color or do anything no matter how high/low I fly them, The runway REIL lights do blink OK if installed. Also the Rabbits (lead in lights do not sequence either. They shine but that is all.

Do I have to activate something in the program to get the above light to work correctly? Anyone else experiencing this problem too?

Terry 

All airports to include KORD, KFWA.KABQ KLAX etc

Yes to the HDR enabled all settings tested and no working vis slopes.

Terry

After flying both day and night approaches to both runways at YMHB, neither displayed on my copy of X-plane 11.20 with  the corrected indications found in the Airman Information Manual (AIM) dated 10-12-17 page 2-1-4 fig 2-1-5.  https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/publications/media/AIM_Basic_dtd_10-12-17.pdf

While my eyesight is not good any more, my color vision is still good. I get no red lights when going below the glide path. Lights remain white only. That leads me back to my original question of is there some box that needs to be checked or turned on that controls runway lights like the lead in /rabbits and the VASI/PAPI lights?

Terry

no there is no box to check. Did it work before on earlier version. might need to reset preferences. Suinf latest beta and all is good

Edited by mjrhealth

i7 4790 16 Gb ram GTX 980 which gives me 60 plus FPS with zero wx turned on and depending on the scenery detail mid 30's.  I am displaying all of this on a 40 inch Samsung 1080p TV.

Don't believe the hardware is the problem.

I turned on the "Windshield Effects" box and the runway lead-in lights started sequencing but still no VASI or PAPI lights working other than them just glowing "White" no matter what elevation you are to the end of the runway. I thought the windshield effects only made the rain drops eat up more of your computing power.

With hundreds of real world flying hours and thousands more in military and civilian flight sims, I guess I can fly a visual approach  without  looking at a VASI or PAPI.  I only wish I can figure out why mine are not working as they are suppose to.

Terry

Special note: Even the alternating red/white lights which denote the last 2000 feet and finally the all red 1000 feet remaining have and are still working correctly so it is not a "Seeing Red" problem.

Are your Video Drivers updated? And/or do you  have any plugins that may be causing the issue.

Edited by ohsirus

Can you post a picture?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The drivers are the NVIDIA 391.01 that just came out. Would not work on the last several versions either.

No plug ins or reshaders, only what the stock X-plane 11 and current versions/betas include.

Will see if I can take a picture to post

Terry

Sometimes I can see red lights, sometimes I can't.  I'm not saying they're not there, but the are definitely difficult to see IMO.

Edit:  I do use the Less Haze plug-in

Edited by SmokeDiddy

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

I have tried multiple airports with various aircraft and have not had any luck with seeing red. Only white. The red ed of runway lights show up well so I know my eyeball can still see red.

From my Air Force flight sim days, I learned that you might fix one problem and in the process unintentionally create many more. I am using stock everything, the way X-plane 11 is sent out to us. No add-on anything. Maybe that is the problem?

Thanks for all of the responses to this thread.

Terry