Sign in to follow this  
Cat_Dad

Visual Glideslopes

2 hours ago, Cat_Dad said:

I have tried multiple airports with various aircraft and have not had any luck with seeing red. Only white. The red ed of runway lights show up well so I know my eyeball can still see red.

From my Air Force flight sim days, I learned that you might fix one problem and in the process unintentionally create many more. I am using stock everything, the way X-plane 11 is sent out to us. No add-on anything. Maybe that is the problem?

Thanks for all of the responses to this thread.

Terry

You are not alone.  My VASI and PAPI just started doing the same thing.  They are no longer visible from longer distances and they stay white all the time.  Just started within the last week or so.  I'm using x-Plane 11.11 and never had an issue until just recently.  Have been trying to figure out what's causing it and what folder inside x-Plane controls this. 

It is good to know that I am not the only one "Not" seeing things correctly.

Terry

Could be worthwhile posting on xplane.org and also suggest posting your  log.txt from your xplane folder just in case...

Yes, log.txt and screenshots showing the problem are usually helpful. You can take a screenshot by pressing SHIFT + SPACE, it will be saved in the "Output" subfolder of your X-Plane folder.

You might also try to temporarily remove your X-Plane preferences (from X-Plane 11 / Preferences), to check if rebuilt prefs fix the issue.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:36 PM, Cat_Dad said:

It is good to know that I am not the only one "Not" seeing things correctly.

Terry

I also can assure you you're not the only one!  When I first obtained the original x-plane 11 version this was not an issue.  Since the updates the VASI and PAPI lights are not as visible from distance as they were previously and the red lights which once were quite visible show only a trace of red.  I have found many others complaining of this.  I have made no hardware changes to my flight sim computer so it's obviously something with the more recent updates of x-Plane 11.  I was able to go into lights.txt, located at the Resources\bitmaps\world\lites directory and change the 5th element from .7 to 2.5 at line 365 that reads BILLBOARD_SW  VASI     100 0  0.0 0.0 2.5 1 4 0 0 0 0 1 .  This significantly increased the size of the VASI and PAPI lights but the so-called red lights are barely visible and washed out. 

3 hours ago, vpwebsvc said:

I also can assure you you're not the only one!  When I first obtained the original x-plane 11 version this was not an issue.  Since the updates the VASI and PAPI lights are not as visible from distance as they were previously and the red lights which once were quite visible show only a trace of red.  I have found many others complaining of this.  I have made no hardware changes to my flight sim computer so it's obviously something with the more recent updates of x-Plane 11.  I was able to go into lights.txt, located at the Resources\bitmaps\world\lites directory and change the 5th element from .7 to 2.5 at line 365 that reads BILLBOARD_SW  VASI     100 0  0.0 0.0 2.5 1 4 0 0 0 0 1 .  This significantly increased the size of the VASI and PAPI lights but the so-called red lights are barely visible and washed out. 

Here's a screenshot of what the PAPI lights look like at KMRY on approach after I made the adjustment in size by going into lights.txt, located at the Resources\bitmaps\world\lites directory and change the 5th element from .7 to 2.5 at line 368 that reads BILLBOARD_SW  VASI     100 0  0.0 0.0 2.5 1 4 0 0 0 0 1  Although the lights are much larger and visible from distance take note that the two lights that should be all red are essentially white with a red halo around them.  Haven't figured how to change that.

PAPI lights on approach at KMRY

Edited by vpwebsvc

qM3ET8Z.jpg

Here's an embedded link photo to my previous post which used a link to my dropbox.  Just figured out how to do an embedded link.

Edited by vpwebsvc