Sign in to follow this  
ramprat

Can't integrate gtn 750 into Dden Challenger 300 v2

Hi,

I am running X-Plane 11.11 and RXP GTN 750 ver 2.4.14.  My problem is the course indicator on the HSI does not talk to the GTN.  It DID work once, the first time I loaded it.  But every time since the initial flight, there is no connection between the course indicator and the GTN.  I have tried all the nav source options and all the boxes are checked on the options menu of the GTN.  I hope someone can help with this as the RXP GTN 750 is way superior to the FMS IMO.  Thank you in advance for any help.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Hi,

The first item to check in this case is plugins menu | Reality XP GTN | Master Device

Then you'd have to check the GUI Settings Panel for 'Connect GPS to HSI'

Also make sure Gauge Options has the correct Pilot or Copilot side setting depending on your aircraft.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you for the prompt reply.

1. The Reality XP GTN 750 1 does have the "Master Device" bullet checked.

2. The GUI Settings Panel does have "Connect GPS to HSI" blue square checked.

3. Gauge Options has Pilot selected for the Cockpit Side option.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Additional:

When I select a Direct To way point the course indicator needle swings to the correct bearing with Nav Source set at FMS1 as it should.  But, there is no course deviation needle showing left/right of course information.  The odd thing is I have done two reinstalls of X-P and just installed the Challenger and the RXP GTN and both times the first flight did have the left/right info.  Then every time after the first flight, the CDI is missing.  So, something changed in both cases that resulted in the problem.  And I didn't add or subtract any other program and used the same route for each test.

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

More on this:

I just tried an ILS and the CDI does work with the Nav Source set to Nav 1 and selecting the ILS approach through the GTN 750 menu and frequency selector.

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

4 hours ago, ramprat said:

the RXP GTN and both times the first flight did have the left/right info.  Then every time after the first flight, the CDI is missing.  So, something changed in both cases that resulted in the problem.

Can you please detail what do you mean with 'after the first flight'? What are you doing more precisely that defines 'first flight' and 'next flight'?

Can you confirm the CDI needle is working fine on a default B58 aircraft?

Can you confirm it is working in the latest official XPlane release version 11.11?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Regarding the "first flight":  1. Fresh install of X-Pane 11.11.

2. Fresh install of RXP GTN/

3. Fresh install of Challenger 300.

4. I start X-Pane with the Challenger selected and program a route in the GTN and the CDI works.  I exit out of X-Plane.

"Next flight":  I restart X-Plane with the Challenger selected and the same route is programmed into the GTN and the CDI does not work.

The CDI does work in the B58.  But, after loading the B58 and then loading the Challenger, the CDI is now working in the Challenger.  That is good enough for me.

I don't want to eat up any more of your valuable time as i suspect the problem is with the Challenger.  So, thank very much for your help.

Sincerely,

Ramprat

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

1 hour ago, ramprat said:

The CDI does work in the B58.  But, after loading the B58 and then loading the Challenger, the CDI is now working in the Challenger.  That is good enough for me.

I don't want to eat up any more of your valuable time as i suspect the problem is with the Challenger.  So, thank very much for your help.

Thank you for this valuable information. I'm glad you've found a way to make it work for now, however, it'll be best to get to the bottom of it and find a cure, either in the Challenger (which looks like it) or in our product?!!?

Let me know if I can help.

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Thank you. This reminds me a similar issue reported when using a Carenado aircraft. The trick once the aircraft loaded is to unselect the GTN in the RXP plugin menu, then re-select the GTN.

This looks like a plugin loading order related issue (RXP first, aircraft local plugins second, or the reverse) which makes one 'reseting' some underlying XPlane datarefs needed by the other.

If this is the case, we might start finding a common cause. For example, I know Carenado aircraft often use SASL, so far an older v2.x. Is the Challenger also using a v2.x SASL?

I tried the unselect the GTN and then reselect it in the plugin menu and that method did not work.  The CDI remained invisible.   The course indicator responds though both before and after the unselect-reselct method.  How do I determine if the Challenger is using SASL?

Bill in Colorado:

Retired