Sign in to follow this  
Parping Couplet

Instructions for complete uninstall

8 hours ago, byork said:

Just run the uninstaller.

What's the problem though?  

Headset mike not being heard most of the time i.e. no green text band at top of screen. Cannot hear FO. Using only a headset on this PC. It worked before but suddenly all has changed without me making any changes to either software,sim or PC. I thought a clean reinstall might help? Obviously I've used the control panel uninstaller.

Edited by Parping Couplet

OK now I have my commands being recognized but I cannot hear anything from the FO even though he's doing all his start up tasks. I have HS selected. I'm hearing things like "Hi Captain is the fuel quantity ok?" and "Hi Captain Are You Ready to Start The Boarding" - both those folks also respond to my saying "yes".

Then there's what appears to be literally the sound of roaring dinosaurs getting on board in the left channel while the stewardess' voice asking for coats is pretty clear.

Have to admit I'm getting very frustrated. Button was so much simpler.

33 minutes ago, Parping Couplet said:

OK now I have my commands being recognized but I cannot hear anything from the FO even though he's doing all his start up tasks. I have HS selected. I'm hearing things like "Hi Captain is the fuel quantity ok?" and "Hi Captain Are You Ready to Start The Boarding" - both those folks also respond to my saying "yes".

Then there's what appears to be literally the sound of roaring dinosaurs getting on board in the left channel while the stewardess' voice asking for coats is pretty clear.

Have to admit I'm getting very frustrated. Button was so much simpler.

You have "HS" selected, but did you select your headset audio device on the Config Panel?

46 minutes ago, byork said:

You have "HS" selected, but did you select your headset audio device on the Config Panel?

Yes I did. It's working again now. Reinstall did the the trick. Odd why it didn't work when I did that before, anyway fixed.

3 hours ago, Parping Couplet said:

Yes I did. It's working again now. Reinstall did the the trick. Odd why it didn't work when I did that before, anyway fixed.

Glad to hear it :-)

What about the "sound of roaring dinosaurs"??? Is that fixed too?

11 hours ago, byork said:

Glad to hear it :-)

What about the "sound of roaring dinosaurs"??? Is that fixed too?

I think it's your sound effect for folks boarding, but it does sound like that if I have the volume up :-)

7 hours ago, Parping Couplet said:

I think it's your sound effect for folks boarding, but it does sound like that if I have the volume up :-)

It probably is.  It sounds fine on my system, though.

In the next update I've massively lowered the volume; now you can't even hear it with the fans running in the cockpit.

• Upvote 1