Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Never experienced windows freezing/fogging

Hello,

I have had not too much flights till now, but we have also very cold weather in germany currently.

But on the flights I made, I never got fogged or frozen windows till now (with Anti Ice off of course)

Can some users tell me what the conditions have to be or which weather settings I could make to get fogged/frozen windows.

Normaly I use ASP4 with real weather

many thanks

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have true light and true glass activated in the load manager?

Sean Green

It’s not only dependant on the temp, but the temp vs dew point.

You will see it with dew point close to oat.

if you wish to test if it works set them manually from the sim weather.

• Upvote 1

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

Ah ok thanks,

I have set now manuall the Dp closer to the OAT and it works.

But I wonder: we have -2 °C currently and the Dewpoint -16 (and much colder in the morning)... when I get into the Bus or a car, the windows will fog up in any case. I think, when there are negative degrees outside, a window will fog up in any case? or not?

Guenter Steiner

These parameters are controlled by Tfdi’s module.

We will try to ask them and you can do the same on their forum.

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

thanks

Guenter Steiner

Hi Guenseli :)

Fog on the windows normally happens on the inside, whereas ice forms outside, except when the windows are so cold that the inside fog freezes to ice.

Problem is that You have a different temp / dewpoint inside the cockpit than outside.

With 20°C in the cockpit and some humidity in the air inside (sweating crew :) ) the hotter humid air reaching the cold windows will fog up those, just like breathing on a mirror.

Outside Icing windows happens mostly when supercooled waterdroplets hits the windows and then freezes - so question is - can we have rain below the freezing point in FSX / P3D ?

FinnJ

Edited by Wothan

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

1 hour ago, Wothan said:

With 20°C in the cockpit and some humidity in the air inside (sweating crew :) ) the hotter humid air reaching the cold windows will fog up those, just like breathing on a mirror.

Hello Finn,

Yes, and this part does not happen. We have -10° and colder these days here and I expect some fogging.

Freezing (outside) I haven't had also till now, but there haven't been any conditions I was flying.

Guenter Steiner