Sign in to follow this  
baxterbj

Not able to access ATC in P3Dv4.2

Hi folks,

P3dv4.2 has been working fine.

Today I updated FSUIPC5 version 5.124 and then did the  update for ASP4 Open Beta Update 022818* with P3D v4.2 compatibility 6633*.

I don't know wether it is related to my problem, but the ATC is greyed out and cannot be accessed, I have made no other changes.

In the Extreme Prototype Learjet 25, I turn on the electrics but now it makes no difference, No ATC.

In the Cera Cim AS365, I hit shift-1, activate ready to fly, does not respond, so once again no ATC.

Any idea on what I should do?

Brian

BJ from OZ

Brian I just updated to 5.124 and all is still OK, maybe ASP4 , but very rare , I suggest you remove the update asp4 and try..

Jorge

It has happened to me a couple of times since upgrading to 4.2

The first time I deleted all CFGs and had P3D rebuild them. ATC was fixed.

The second time I just loaded the default flight and it was fixed.

Haven't decided yet what I'll do for the 3rd time, but I sure hope LM release a hotfix for this annoying bug.

• Upvote 1

J.C.

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Microsoft Flight Simulator - i7 7700k 5.0 gHz - EVGA 1080ti FTW3 - G.Skill RipJaws 3200 MHz 32GB

Thanks Guys,

I have no idea what I did, I messed with cfg`s and rebuilt, have no idea what actually fixed it, but its up and running, like you say, until next time.

Kind Regards

Brian, BJ from OZ

It happened to me as well after a fresh full install of Prepar3D v4.2, out of the blue. I found out that failures of my comm and nav were ticked. You can find these options under the vehicle failure menu. Until today I have no clue why the failures of my comm and nav were active, because I certainly had not set them manually!

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I had an ATC problem for a couple of weeks that was caused by my scenery files (I have a large number of scenery add-ons). Using previously backed up scenery.cfg files and reinstating them one after the other, I could discover the culprit and fixed it. My ATC is back.

I found a solution to this issue. Uninstall client and then reinstall client. Open P3d and redo your settings.

It took me a while to figure out how to repair my grey ATC box. Now P3D v4.2 works as it should.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Is there some reason I should update to lastest version P3Dv4....I am seeing all sorts of posts about issues after the most recent update?

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Some newer addons will REQUIRE 4.2 to work. If all your addons are updated, there is no reason not to update to be honest. 

Most of the issues are solved by updating the addons.

Edited by Cargostorm

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR