Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

New SODE update 1.6.2 (eliminating stutter)

Hi, just found this topic and tried to go to download the updated files but they appear to have been removed. Is there somewhere I can get them from?

Cheers

John Harris

P3D v4, Win10 64bit, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Saitek Multi Panel, Saitek Switch Panel, Saitek Radio Panel, Saitek FIP

I have no idea if my cause of stuttering is in fact SODE but I do still have stutters with 1.6.2 and v4.2, more when turning, but also in straight line at low to medium speeds, I can see the stuttering by looking at the ground, even with default plane and scenery...

Edited by Vali

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

19 minutes ago, Vali said:

I have no idea if my cause of stuttering is in fact SODE but I do still have stutters with 1.6.2 and v4.2, more when turning, but also in straight line at low to medium speeds, I can see the stuttering by looking at the ground, even with default plane and scenery...

FSlabs A320 ? There is reported a aileron stutter that is being fixed. 

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

On 9.3.2018 at 2:05 PM, G-YMML1 said:

Folks,

Does anyone notice a stuttering with 1.6.2? FPS are still good, but when you rotate cameras, there are noticeable stutters. I'm still on 4.1 and has no intention to move to 4.2. 

23 minutes ago, Vali said:

I think the thread title is a bit misleading here: Of course SODE only is able to reduce stutters that were induced by SODE itself -> injection of non-existing models into the sim. This has been fixed.

General stutters such as when panning around the view are not related to SODE (and I can't imagine why it could have an influence on this, it runs pretty much idle when you do not interact with SODE).

Just by reading here and at P3D's forums, lots of people experience more stutters with the introduction of P3D 4.2 when turning, panning around. So I think it is more of a general sim issue.

With A320 was more visible, but even with the CRJ or default F18 I do have annoying stutters, even FPS are at 30 constant.

This is why SODE does not play quite a big factor.

Also I noticed also during GSX pushback there is stutter.

Edited by Vali

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

46 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

FSlabs A320 ? There is reported a aileron stutter that is being fixed. 

Michael Moe

Is a patch released? Or not yet?

Valentin Rusu

3 minutes ago, Vali said:

Is a patch released? Or not yet?

Not yet

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

On 3/2/2018 at 11:06 AM, DrzewieckiDesign said:

Dear Customers,
We are working on providing full compatibility with the newest SODE version (v1.6.2). As for now we have prepared for you some SDX files that you can download and test with the newest SODE.

SODE v1.6.2 compatible SDX files

A particular SDX file is dedicated to a particular project (f/e Polish Airports) or just one airport (f/e KLGA LaGuardia).

SDX files should be placed into %programdata%\12bPilot\SODE\sdx\DrzewieckiDesign ( C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\sdx\DrzewieckiDesign ) folder.

Please note - gates at KJFK Terminal 8 do not work - this is an expected behaviour so far. Other SDX files will appear at the same link.

The above link returns: Link not found"

That file isn’t here anymore
Someone might’ve deleted the file or disabled the link.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

2 hours ago, somiller said:

The above link returns: Link not found"

That file isn’t here anymore
Someone might’ve deleted the file or disabled the link.

DD has since released updated versions of a bunch of their SODE-enabled sceneries that now include SODE 1.6 compatibility, so I think the files that were available at that link have been OBE.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Link is here: https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9

For me the link works.

Edited by Vali

Valentin Rusu

19 minutes ago, Vali said:

Link is here: https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9

For me the link works.

That's the link to SODE itself, the problem link above was to some updated sdx files specific to the Drzewiecki Dwesign sceneries.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

So, many things said about SODE 1.6 and P3d 4.2. But whats with 4.1 users who install the SODE 1.6 update?

I have the feeling the sim behaves very different after doing exactly this. And with different i dont really mean in a good way. In our community im often somewhat an exception it seems... Ive said following thing already in another post so probably  some ppl get bored of it already. Anyway, where other ppl suffer from dyn lightning low fps, blurries, stutters, overall low fps, i never had this and was always one of the happy guys. Of course there wereissues here and there but all could be solved. The last 2 months were the best i had yet, everything was perfect. There was one problem with skyforce a while ago but that is solved too since a while ow already.

Then the new Winupdate came out last week... and of course me stupid had to install the SODE 1.6 too on that day. And im still on P3D 4.1, just as sidenote.

Now i have really big stutters on many airports.... DDesign KSEA runs on 15 fps, while it ran on 45fps 2 days earlier. On some arrivals on around 2k feet i get 15.20 now too, what never ever happened before, not in the hardest areas. And on every airport with SODE its either one the following:

1. Either the airport itself is very fluid, maybe more as on sode 1.5.x, as soon i leave the runway from around 1000 to 10k feet i loose drastically fps... If i reach 20 im happy. Just comparison, usually i fly with 30-40+. I cannot remember any time where i lost so many fps after leaving runway.

or 2., it stutters so much on the airport, 15-20 fps where i had no problems before just to go back to the usual 50+ at cruise. It seems not possible that i get the same balance as before, where this stayed somewhat same always. 

Now, can this really be related to SODE? I know theres some LOD changes in 4.2 and SODE also des many things so can it be that 4.1 doesnt really like 1.6 or the new implemented features/mechanics cause problems, something like that?

Of course it could be the window update too... But i didnt read yet that other ppl had perf loss from win update, so i dont know...

Since i cannot go back to 1.5 simply by overinstalling i have to ask you guys what happens when i uninstall SODE 1.6 now. Will the folders from the airports (the stuff inside the hidden SODE folder) get deleted too? 

Asus Prime Z270k
GF 1070 MSI Aero ITX OC
16 GB ram

Edited by SaenchaySor

BetaTeamB.png

32 minutes ago, SaenchaySor said:

So, many things said about SODE 1.6 and P3d 4.2. But whats with 4.1 users who install the SODE 1.6 update?

I have the feeling the sim behaves very different after doing exactly this. And with different i dont really mean in a good way. In our community im often somewhat an exception it seems... Ive said following thing already in another post so probably  some ppl get bored of it already. Anyway, where other ppl suffer from dyn lightning low fps, blurries, stutters, overall low fps, i never had this and was always one of the happy guys. Of course there wereissues here and there but all could be solved. The last 2 months were the best i had yet, everything was perfect. There was one problem with skyforce a while ago but that is solved too since a while ow already.

Then the new Winupdate came out last week... and of course me stupid had to install the SODE 1.6 too on that day. And im still on P3D 4.1, just as sidenote.

Now i have really big stutters on many airports.... DDesign KSEA runs on 15 fps, while it ran on 45fps 2 days earlier. On some arrivals on around 2k feet i get 15.20 now too, what never ever happened before, not in the hardest areas. And on every airport with SODE its either one the following:

1. Either the airport itself is very fluid, maybe more as on sode 1.5.x, as soon i leave the runway from around 1000 to 10k feet i loose drastically fps... If i reach 20 im happy. Just comparison, usually i fly with 30-40+. I cannot remember any time where i lost so many fps after leaving runway.

or 2., it stutters so much on the airport, 15-20 fps where i had no problems before just to go back to the usual 50+ at cruise. It seems not possible that i get the same balance as before, where this stayed somewhat same always. 

Now, can this really be related to SODE? I know theres some LOD changes in 4.2 and SODE also des many things so can it be that 4.1 doesnt really like 1.6 or the new implemented features/mechanics cause problems, something like that?

Of course it could be the window update too... But i didnt read yet that other ppl had perf loss from win update, so i dont know...

Since i cannot go back to 1.5 simply by overinstalling i have to ask you guys what happens when i uninstall SODE 1.6 now. Will the folders from the airports (the stuff inside the hidden SODE folder) get deleted too? 

Asus Prime Z270k
GF 1070 MSI Aero ITX OC
16 GB ram

The Windows update overwrites your video card drivers, run all the latest drivers for your video card, sound card, and everything else.

• Upvote 1

Indeed.... there was the manufacturers one installed. wth... Thanks

BetaTeamB.png